Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coconut Oil: Your new fave product!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a jar of organic coconut oil at my local Trader Joe's for under $10.  I bought it, because Rachel from Checkinthemirror, uses it as a deep conditioning treatment for her hair.  I had to give this a whirl.  I used it a few times and loved the results (note wash thoroughly!!!) and I wanted to look up some other uses for Coconut Oil! Here are some of my faves.





If you have super dry hair use a tiny bit as hair product to keep flyaways at bay or slick your hair back.

Moisturize your lips

Use as shaving scream

Add to your tub for moisturizing soak

Spread a thin layer on cuts to help speed up healing

Hello, massage oil!

Prevent stretch marks (wish I had known this!)

Eat a spoonful with each meal to help with indigestion

Cuticle oil..perfecto!

Use on new tattoos

These are only the ones I've tried (with the exception of the tat one), and they all work quite well.  I've also read you could use this as a makeup remover, but I'm a little nervous to try that.  Does anyone else this super oil?


2 comments:

Tammy Wilson said...

My mom used to use coconut oil on my hair when I was little. I was actually thinking of picking up a jar of this today to use as a deep conditioner. Btw - I heard this was really good for dry scalps and dandruff - per Dr. Oz so it must be true, right? lol

Lindsey A. Turner said...

didn't know all that! very cool!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by