Sunday, June 3, 2012

Glossy Box-May

I've been seeing Glossy Box videos from some of my UK Youtube friends for a while.  I never watched any of those videos though, because I knew Glossy Box wasn't available in the US.  About a month ago I started seeing American gurus putting up Glossy Box videos and I was so excited to see that they were offering a US Service!  I won't even lie, I love getting mail.  Magazines, catalogs, letters, love it!  Everything except bills haha.  I only have one Stylemint shirt and didn't think it was worth the $30 and while I do like some Jewelmint pieces, I'll only purchase something if it's really unique because I love the jewelry section of Forever 21 and Charming Charlies.  When it comes to beauty subscription services I only have the QVC Beauty Tube still.  I became disappointed with Birchbox and didn't love a lot of the brands offered by Beauty Army.

Along came Glossy Box.  Glossy Box is $21 a month, but the products are worth it.  The sizes are worth it.  I hope Glossy Box can maintain this quality month to month, because I was quite pleased with my first box.

The theme of this month's Glossy Box was some popular products from around the world.  As you can see there are quite a few full sized products and even the sample sized products are a decent size.

From L to R:
 Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair from France
Full price - $38 for 6.7 oz  I received 1.7 fl oz.

Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel
Full price- $100 for 1.7 oz I received .27 fl oz

Burberry Beauty Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Copper No. 202 from UK
Full price- $30 for .12 oz I received .028 oz

Zoya Profesional Laquer in Rory from USA
Full price- $8 for .5 oz and that's what I received!

Marvis Whitening Toothpaste from Italy
$7.50 for 1.23 oz and that's what I received!

Bonus Glossybox Brush on Top!

All in all I received 2 full size products and very, very generous sample sizes of the other products.  These are expensive brands that I never would have tried otherwise, maybe with the exception of Zoya.  I can't wait to try some of these babies.

I had to sample the Burberry lippie right away. I love how the pattern is imprinted on the product itself! The color looks scary but it swatches it very nice and glossy.




No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by