Friday, July 13, 2012

Product Rant: Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel

Last month I received a sample of the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel in my Glossybox.  I had heard of this brand from a few Asian beauty blogs I've read, so I was excited to give this product a try.  The product description from Sephora made me even more excited to try it:



What it is:
A refreshing, oil-free hydrating gel that works to delay all signs of aging.

What it is formulated to do:
This deeply hydrating gel stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid in the skin to improve moisture levels. Formulated with ginger root extract and nine essential amino acids, these ingredients revitalize the skin to reveal a radiant complexion.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This gel contributes to the clearing of breakouts and acne by providing essential hydration and nutrients to the skin without clogging pores.



Umm...to say I hated this product, is kind of an understatement!  I have been using this for a little over a week and I refuse to use it anymore.  


Some details: I have dry skin, but over the summer I tend to get pretty greasy. I live outside of NYC so the humidity is always a huge factor.  I have sensitive skin, sometimes prone to breakouts, but my biggest skin concerns now are hydration, preventative and acne scarring.


I have been using this cream at night and I wake up a MAJOR, MASSIVE grease ball.  My skin just feels so disgusting when I wake up.  I shouldn't be able to glide my hand over my face and have it slip off from grease.  


This is a very expensive product and I'm very disappointed with the results.  Again, I've read through some of the reviews and this is not the norm.  I may try to save this cream to try again on my winter skin which is very dry, but for my summer skin, it's just not working!


My question is..do you change up your skin care regimen over the summer?  Do you use less moisturizing products?  

1 comment:

mayaari said...

that's a shame that it didn't work - hopefully it will work better in the winter? I've heard the enzyme cleanser is really good from other bloggers. I definitely rotate my skincare products during the year, just wrote a post where I switched cleansers to control oily skin in the summer (but I still have to use extra moisturizer for dry spots/eczema)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by