Sunday, August 26, 2012

August Glossybox

I love getting mail.  I'm such a kid when it comes to getting mail.  Last week I was in Cape Cod and I would ask my mom everyday if I got mail.  I think that's why I've kept some of these beauty subscription services.

This month's Glossybox was a really great one in terms of products and size of products.  Despite me loving Glossybox, I've decided this month's box is going to be my last one.  I spend $22 a month on Glossybox and only really, really use maybe one product per box.  Plus, some of these products are so expensive for the full price version, that I know I would never buy them full size anyway.  I'd rather use  the $22 on something that I pick out for myself and not a random assortment of products.

So here's my last Glossybox post!

From top to bottom, L to R:

*Ellis Lips by Ellis Faas ($35 for .095 oz- I received a full size product)- So right with this one product I got more than my money's worth with this Glossybox.  I received a Creamy Lips lip color in L107.  The packaging of this product is awesome.  Unfortunately, it's a color I couldn't make work for me if I even tried.



*Nail Varnish by Illamasqua in Alarm ( $14 for .5 oz- I received a full size product)- I've heard a lot about this brand, but have never tried any of their products.  I like this bright red color and can't wait to try it out for fall.


*ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment by Biolage ($22 for 3.1 oz- I received .16 fl oz)- This product is said to provide instant shine and weightless replenishment to all hair types.  I'm trying to find a good hair serum, so I'm excited to give this a whirl.

*Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base by Touch in Sol ($20 for 1.13 oz- I received 1.06 fl oz)- This primer is said to firm and revitalize the skin and allow for a better makeup application.  I love a good primer, so this will be on my list to use after I finish my Body Shop primer.

*Truth Serum by Ole Henriksen ($48 for 1 oz- I received .5 fl oz)- I've received this before in a QVC Beauty Tube, but haven't tried it.  After reading the description and more information on Sephora.com, i plan to begin using this serum.  The product description states this serum "helps smooth out lines and wrinkles, fights environmental aggressors and keeps skin moisturized, nourished and protected."

Does anyone else feel like sometimes these Beauty Boxes are a waste?  Maybe I'm just crazy!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I've never really bought into these boxes for the reasons you mentioned... I would rather go out and buy exactly what I like than receive a bunch of high end products that the majority don't work.

I thought that lip product you received was awesome but that colour will work for sooo few people. I bet it wasn't selling well so that's why the company is giving full size. It will make a nice gift for a friend or family member though!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by