Saturday, August 18, 2012

August QVC Beauty Tube

I received my August QVC Beauty Tube in the mail a few days ago and I couldn't wait to rip it open.  Although this is not a monthly subscription service, I still consider it a beauty subscription service and this one is definitely my favorite!  It continues products in sizes where i do actually get to sample them for a substantial amount of time and has introduced me to one of my new favorite brands, Mally Beauty.

I feel the only downside of the Beauty Tube is there are sometimes some repeats, which I feel like are just "filler" items.

From L to R, back to front:

*Algenist Firming Cream- This is a brand that I've gotten several products from in past Beauty Tubes.  Most of these anti-aging products are too strong for my sensitive skin.  This firming cream I'm going to attempt to use on my neck and chest area.  That area can always use some firming!

*Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter- I've tried one or two products from Bliss and while I've been impressed, I haven't been impressed enough to justify their high price tags.  This smells yummy and I plan on throwing this in my gym bag.

*Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer- I am so excited to try this product!  I've been hearing and reading about this primer since I got into makeup.  I know this primer is super expensive, so I kind of hope I don't love it that much.

*Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner- I've watched a lot of QVC presentations on Ojon products, but have never really tried any high end hair products.  This conditioner is said to be for people with dry or damaged hair, so I will probably save this for the winter when my hair is feeling really fried.

*Philosophy Love Sweet Love Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel- I feel like this is a filler item. I've received several of these Philosophy 3-in-1 products and while I like them, I really don't need another.

*Josie Maran Argan Oil- This is also my second time receiving this argan oil in a beauty tube.  I use the first one I received every now and then, but my facial skin did not take too kindly to this.  I haven't used it in my hair yet, I will probably try that next.

*Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color- This was the product I was most excited about.  It's in Mally's signature color and is said to be a 4-in-1 product, lip primer, lip gloss, lipstick and lipliner all in one.  I swatched this color and love it! Can't wait to see how it wears on the lips.


*Laura Gellar Waterproof Eye Spackle Pen- I really have liked all of the Laura Gellar products I've tried and I'm very excited to try this one.  This is a primer and has light reflecting properties so can be used to brighten the eyelid and the inner corner.  Can't wait to try this!

Does anyone else get the QVC Beauty Tube? What do you guys think about it?

1 comment:

Iyah Love said...

I love the argan oil on my hair :)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by