Monday, August 20, 2012

Hair Chalking 101

So if you follow me on Instagram (Melziebabee), you may have seen that last week I attempted hair chalking.  I wasn't going out anywhere or doing anything, I really just wanted to see how it would turn out and if it was something that I would want to try for going out our Halloween or anything like that.

I went down to my local craft store, Michaels, and bought this 36 piece set of soft pastels for only $3.21 after I used a coupon!


I wanted a set that had a lot of "peacock" colors- blues, greens, purples.  This one had a whole row and I was so excited to get to chalking.

I'm not going to do a tutorial, because there are plenty of them out there.  The specific one I used was this one from The Beauty Department.

I was worried about some of the colors being vibrant on my dark hair, but it turns out that my highlights and my medium brown color was perfect for the jewel tone colors I wanted.

Results:



Tips and Tricks:

*

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by