Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Think I Wanna Marry You..... :personal post:

Ok, so this is a personal post with a fashion twist!

Last weekend my best friend of 22 years got married to her boyfriend of 10 years!  I was so honored to be one of her maid of honors and let me tell you, this was a fashionable wedding!

Rehearsal Dinner

The rehersal dinner was at a great Italian restaurant in the Bronx, and we had a great time!

This is some of the bridal party.  Ally (the bride) took her mother's wedding dress and had it tailored to this white mini dress for the rehearsal dinner.  I think that is such a great idea!!!  It's a great way to pay homage to her mother and reuse a dress that would probably just continue to sit in storage forever.

My yellow dress is from Joyce Leslie and I want to wear it as much as possible.  The layered pearl necklace is from Bella's of Cape Cod.

Wedding Day

I've heard a lot of horror stories about bridesmaid dresses, but boy did we luck out!  Ally's color scheme was black and white and how lucky were we to have a little black dress as our bridesmaid dresses!

This is the other maid of honor Ali and myself.  We were sweating our a**es off most of the day!

Our shoes were AMAZING, but let me tell you, I would not recommend them for standing on one place for a long time.  After having to stand at the church and for the pictures, most of us were in absolute agony.  The shoes are from Nina and I got mine from Amazon.  I will be wearing them again, but for a much shorter night out.


My favorite accessory was this custom made shambala bracelet, which was my maid of honor gift.  I think it's absolutely stunning and something that I've already worn A LOT.  A custom made piece of jewelry is a great idea for a maid of honor/bridesmaid gift.  The maid of honors were given these three strand bracelets and the bridesmaids were given one strand versions of these.


For my hair, I chose this low messy bun.  I was originally going with a half up/half down style, but I knew I'd be way too hot so I went for this undone style.  I really love how it came out.

Finally a picture of the beautiful bride!  She got her dress at the famous Kleinfeld's and she looked like she was going to the Oscar's!  It was such a beautiful day and I was so happy to be a part of it!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by