Saturday, August 4, 2012

July Favorites

Oh no!! I can't believe that July is over.  That means back to work in just a few short weeks.  While I have been quite lazy this summer, I'm still having a great summer and I'd like August to go nice and slow!!

It has been disgustingly hot and humid in NYC and so my favorites are kind of minimal this month since most makeup would just sweat right off my face anyway!

From L to R, top to bottom:

Arbonne Shower Gel in Ginger Citrus- I got this little guy as a Christmas present from one of my coworkers and just began using it this month.  It smells soo0o0o0o good!  I really like masculine scents and the smell of most colognes, and this reminds me a subtle men's cologne.  It doesn't get super sudsy, but it feels and smells nice on the skin.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 220 Nude- I totally jumped on the bandwagon with this stuff!  I'm not going to do a review, because I know that you all have probably seen a million reviews, but I do really like this foundation.  My friend Ally tried it and hated it because she said she felt it on her skin.  I don't feel this stuff at all and its staying power is quite nice in this summer heat.  However, I can tell for me at least this will strictly be a summer foundation, because the skin around my nose is still a bit dry and it doesn't look too hot on dry skin.

NYX For Your Eyes Only Smokey Eyes Palette- I have had this palette for quite a while, but just began using it again.  I brought this to Atlantic City with me and it was perfect in creating a dramatic evening eye and a subtle day eye.  There's a little fall out with this shadow so I always apply it prior to applying my face makeup.

Wet and Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink- I've heard a lot about this blush on Youtube and blogs and I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff out!  The pigmentation is amazing for a blush this cheap and it's a beautiful color.  This color is quite shimmery though, so if you're not a fan of shimmer this blush won't be for you.

Bare Minerals All-Over Color in Warmth- This is another product that I've had for quite a while and just rediscovered it.  It's a great matte bronzer, but it only works for me during the summer when I have a little color.  I actually like adding a little bit of this to a tinted moisturizer to make a it a bit darker.

What are your favorite products this month?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by