Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: Up and Up Makeup Remover Towelettes

A few weeks ago I ran out of my Kirkland's brand makeup cleansing cloths.  I wasn't due for a Costco run for a while, so while out at Target I picked up one of their facial wipes, which the packaging said compares to Pond's Clean Sweep wipes.  Way back in the day I used the Pond's wipes, so I decided to give this package a try.  It was a little over $4 for 30 wipes.


The packaging is similar to all makeup wipes packaging with the little sticky cover on the front.  The cloth itself is not as soft as Kirkland's wipe.  It's a bit rougher in texture and you can tell it's not as nicely made.  However, I do like that is has the exfoliant side (side with bumps) and the plain side.

This baby takes off face makeup quite easily. However, mascara is a different story.  I don't even wear waterproof mascara and it takes some effort for this wipe to remove my mascara.  I usually have problems though with a little left over mascara residue so this wasn't a huge deal to me.

My one issue with these wipes, and it's a big one, is that they make my eyes burn!  Granted, I do have sensitive eyes, but these wipes really make my eyes burn and tear up.  I don't know if it's because I have to use so much effort to remove my eye makeup that my eyes burn, or if it's just the formula itself.

I really wanted to like these wipes as they don't dry out my skin and do a decent job of getting makeup off, but I can't continue to use them because of my poor baby greens.  Back to Kirkland I go!

What is your favorite makeup remover wipe?

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Hello! Good review! I used Clean and Clear makeup remover the other day. I was surprised how well it worked. I didn't have to scrub hard to take off mascara.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by