Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top 10 Drugstore Products

It's no surprise that I love my drugstore products!  A large majority of my makeup collection is from the drugstore.  I have yet to sample many high end products that make me want to spend the money on them. I feel like the drugstore has so many great products at such great prices that even the biggest makeup snob should give them a try!!

From L to R, top to bottom:



*Got2b POWDERful Volumizing Styling Powder- Not only do I not like teasing my hair, but I really stink at it!  However, I love me some big hair every now and then.  When my friend blows out my hair for me I tell her I want "Staten Island" hair (a.k.a. big hair!).  This powder gives me big hair without the hassle of a fancy blow out or teasing.  I probably use a little bit more than the average person does, but this stuff works wonders!  I use this as the last step in my styling process.  FYI: Don't use this every day.  The build up will be too much for your hair.

* Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner (in Raisin Quartz)- This is one of my favorite liners of all time.  I use this when I want a soft liner look. This twist up liner isn't great for super precise lining or the waterline, but for a soft everyday look it's beautiful and doesn't budge.

*WnW Color Icon Blusher in Pearlescent Pink- Wow! The color pay off for this super cheap blush is amazing.  Use a light hand!  This blush has some fall-out, but the color and the staying power is well worth it.

*NYC Bronzer in Sunny- I think this is a drugstore favorite for just about everybody.  I am SUPER pale and this color provides a great all over boost or a great contour.  I keep hearing random rumors every now and then that this is going to be retired, but I see it every time I go to the drugstore so who knows?

*WnW Color Icon Single in Nutty (retired)- I'm sorry for including a retired product in this list, but I love, love, love this color.  When I'm feeling lazy this is color is all I need for a pretty eye look.  I apply this all over the lid and a bit deeper in the shade and it has so much dimension that it looks like more than one color.

*ELF Super Glossy Lipshine in Paradise Pink- These $1 glosses are just so good! The pigmentation is subtle, but the sheen and shimmer in this product is beautiful worn alone or on top of another lip color.

*Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in 220 Nude- This is a relatively new product but it quickly skyrocketed to the top of my favorites list.  The coverage from this product is beautiful, the finish is perfect and the lasting power is amazing.  I wore this all summer in NYC humidity and it never sweated off.  I read this product isn't that great for dry skin, so we'll see how it looks as fall creeps up on me and my dry skin.

*NYX Cream Blush in Glow- I have had this cream blush forever and have been using it almost every day for the past few months.  This cream blush and this color provides a great cream base for most blush colors.  If I'm going for a soft look I wear this naturally on its own, but I mainly use it as a blush base because my blushes have a tendency to disappear.

*Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee- Wow, a lot of Revlon on this list!  At first I didn't jump on the lip butter bandwagon, but when I purchased this I instantly fell in love.  It's a great soft neutral color and is very moisturizing.  I love the feeling of this on my lips.

*Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light- This stick concealer is creamy and is great for the undereye area or on blemishes.  I recommend warming it up in between your fingers before applying it under your eye because it could get cakey.

Please comment below if you share any of my favorite products or if you disagree with any!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by