Monday, October 8, 2012

A City Day

  Hello my lovelies!  Yesterday I had the great pleasure of meeting Tammy of a Not a Rich Girl.  Tammy is one of the first "friends" I've made here through blogging.  She lives about 15 minutes from New York City and I live about 30 minutes from New York City, yet we never met.  A few weeks ago I saw information on an event called Pamper Me Fabulous.  It sounded like the perfect even for us to finally meet up at!

  Info on Pamper Me Fabulous:


This an event produced by women, made for women. 
When it comes to the end of the day, we think there is nothing better than rewarding one's accomplishments, taking time out to nurture our mind, body, and spirit, spending quality time with our girlfriends or colleagues, and indulging in some shopping, pampering and beauty. Add to that feel good exercise and enlightenment of the mind, and at Pamper Me Fabulous, you will get to do just that.
We produce Pamper Me Fabulous because we believe that every woman deserves just that type of experience which elevates us all to a higher state of well being.
We salute you for being the amazing woman you are. We hope that you'll come to Pamper Me Fabulous to celebrate your individual and collective accomplishments with your girlfriends and colleagues. You deserve it!  


The New York City event was held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in the Flat Iron District.  Tammy and I got there about 15 minutes after the event opened and decided to stroll around the pavilion to get a lay of the land.  To tell you the truth we were a bit disappointed with the booths there.  We quickly added our names to the waiting list for a massage and strolled around the area about 10 times.  

They had a lot of great jewelry booths there, all of which were too expensive for our price point.  They had a great hair booth there, but they were doing stylings for $20, and both of us knew the second we walked outside into the cold and damp day, our hair would be a hot mess again.  The only other "services" being offered were some facials and both of us refused to take off our make up.  All in all, I was personally disappointed with the event.  HOWEVER, the goody bag MORE than made up for it!!

 The random stuff (top to bottom, L to R):
*Pretzel Crisps
*Wine Wipes (so red wine won't stain your teeth)
* Yankee Candle Car Jar in Pineapple Cilantro
*Plum Brand Just Pear Organic Baby Food (ummm...ok??)
*Pirates Booty White Cheddar
*Motif Olive Leaf and Coriander Hand and Face Wipes
*Salon Pas Pain Patch
The GOOD stuff:
* Stephen Knoll Deep Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner Sample
* Stephen Knoll Collection Hydro Repair Mist Styling Lotion
* Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls Styling Cream
*Philosophy Purity Made Simple Face Wash (woohoo! my favorite!)
* Kiss Nail Dresses
*DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Can't wait to try per Tammy's advice)
* Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm
*OPI Polish in Berlin There Done That
*Bodycology Body Cream Sample in Wild Poppy
*Glam Glow Mud Mask

As you can see there were quite a few full size products in the bag, along with some hefty sample sized products.  The food items were a little random, but all in all I am super pleased with the gift bag.

Since we were at the event for a much shorter amount of time than we thought, we decided to go on the hunt for the ELF Disney Villains collection.  We stopped at a few Duane Reades' and one Walgreens collection with no luck.  Since we were a bit disappointed with the lack of makeup purchases we made (none!), we decided to stop at Sephora.  Both Tammy and I left Sephora very happy girls!



*Sephora Brand Deep Pore Cleansing Scrubber - I love this product!  I blogged about this previously, but I lost my little guy.  I had to repurchase another one
*Urban Decay Naked Palette- FINALLY!!  
*Goody 2 in 1 Headbands (got these at Duane Reade)

All in all, what a great day!  While the Pamper Me Fabulous event was a bit disappointing, I would recommend attending the event for the gift bag alone.  You can visit their site here for more dates and information.

I am so grateful for the friends that I have made through this beauty community, and I am very grateful that I got to finally meet the beautiful Tammy.  When you talk so much online like we do, it's like talking to an old friend when you get to communicate in person.  Thank you so much Tammy for joining me today!!



1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thank you for inviting me to the event. I had such a great time meeting you!!! I can't wait to hang out again soon.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by