Monday, October 15, 2012

Empties: Hits and Misses

  It takes me FOREVER to finish any type of product.  I rotate so many different products in my collection, that I rarely ever finish something.  I usually get tired of a product and throw it away before I end up finishing it.  This past month I finished a total of 7 products! Seven! This is so unheard of for me!  Here are my thoughts on some of these products that I finished up.


Hair Products



Aussie Aussome Volume Styling Mousse- I did finish this product, but I can't say that I loved it.  I didn't notice any major difference in volume with my hair.  It was also annoying to put in my hair.  If I put it in my hair when it was too damp, it didn't really do anything, but if I put it in my hair when it was too dry, it would give me crunchy patches no matter how evenly I distributed it.  I do not plan on repurchasing this product.

♥  Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo- Dry shampoos have saved my life.  I hate washing my hair.  I don't know why I find it such an ordeal, but it just drives me loco.  I usually wash my hair every other day.  This spray has helped me prolong my hair an extra day.  While it doesn't absorb all the oil (I still wear my hair up on the third day) it definitely provides a noticeable difference.  However, if you are looking for a dry shampoo that provides volume, this is not it. I have a Got2b dry shampoo to test out next, but I may be repurchasing this.

♥  Got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protect 'n Curl- I bought this heat protectant on clearance at Rite Aid last summer.  I use this when I curl or flat iron my hair.  I don't know how to test out if a heat protectant is working, but this doesn't make my hair greasy or anything so I like it.  I don't know if I will repurchase this or try the Tresemme heat protectant.

♥  Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray- I totally bought into the hype with this product.  I am very glad I didn't purchase the full size product, because this did not work for me at all.  It didn't absorb oil or provide any extra volume.  I will definitely not be repurchasing this item.

Skin Care/ Makeup




♥  Cargo Better than Waterproof Mascara- This was my favorite summer mascara.  It didn't melt in the summer humidity, but was also easy to take off with makeup remover wipes.  It provided nice definition and separation of my lashes.  While I did love this product, I know mascara is one of the items I can purchase at the drugstore and love, so I do not plan on repurchasing.

♥  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream- I received this cream in a QVC Beauty Tube and I loved it!  I get incredibly dry skin in the winter and even some dry patches in the summer and this really helped keep the flakes at bay.  It's great for sensitive skin.  I only recommend this as a night cream though because it is a bit on the greasy side.  This may be the only product out of the bunch that I repurchase.

♥  Lavanila Vanilla Coconut The Healthy Body Butter- I believe I received this in a Birchbox last year.  I really, really love this stuff.  It's very creamy and emollient and absorbs into the skin quickly.  This scent is absolutely amazing.  The reason why I may not repurchase this cream is because it is a bit pricey and I have SO many other lotions and creams in my collection.

Have you tried any of these products? Would you repurchase or purchase some of them? 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I've used that Suave dry shampoo and it's really good, but the Suave Keratin version is a lot better.

Abin said...

i like it...........

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by