Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fitspiration Week 2

  So week 1 of my fitspiration had its ups and downs.  During the week I was very good with my healthy breakfasts.  Every morning I had a whole wheat bagel thin with a light laughing cow cheese wedge and some apple slices.  For a drink I'd have either a frappucino (not super diet healthy) or one of my flavored k-cups.  However, on the weekend I'd wake up later and reach for some junk item for a quick sugary fix.

  My fitness goal of week 1 was to work out for at least 15 minutes every day.  I did well on most days, except one night I had Open House at work and while I got home relatively early, I just didn't feel like moving at all.  However, I have been moving more over all, by walking during my lunch hour.

So here's my week 2 goals!

Fitness Goal


                                                   These are pics of post its I put on my mirror

*Get strength training in every day
The more reading and research I do on fitness, the more beneficial strength training sounds.  I'm not into lifting weights, but weight strength training can include pilates, and exercises like squats, push ups and crunches.  Any exercises that build muscle I want to work into my daily work out routine.  These can be done during commercials while watching my favorite shows, so I really have NO excuse.

Nutrition Goal



* Snack healthily
Snacking is one of my serious downfalls.  I love snacks!  I've definitely incorporated more healthy snacks into my diet lately.  My faves have become cucumber slices with some sea salt and rice vinegar, red pepper strips and hummus and cherry tomatoes with just about anything.  My biggest downfall is my post-work snack.  I get home and am tempted to reach for something healthy but then I think about what a crappy day I had and end up having something crappy instead.  I need to work on that!

Any healthy snack ideas for me?  I'm definitely in need of some quick and easy options!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love cucumber with soy sauce or with toasted coconut flakes. When I'm on my 'healthy kick" I usually make Uncle Ben's brown rice (1 minute in the microwave), string beans (3-4 minutes boiled) with sea salt, and some type of protein like chicken...it takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. My favorite way to amp these up are with Mrs. Dash or some type of Goya product..anything with salt..lol

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by