Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fitspiration Week 3

Ugghh..this whole being healthy thing is not easy!  I find myself complaining about it constantly, and that's just annoying.  I should have known that eventually my unhealthy lifestyle would catch up to me, but I just am finding it very difficult to change my ways.

I think it's even more difficult when your parents are still junk food eaters and some of your friends/co-workers don't see the issue and still see you as a skinny person complaining.  Yes, I am trying to lose weight, but I also know that I am super unhealthy and if I don't begin the gradual change to healthy living now it may become a health issue later.

Ok, enough whining...on to my goals for week 3!

Fitness Goal

*Move more!
I read about this all the time, to just move more throughout the day.  Park in a far away spot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, do lunges while on the phone..there's so many ways to get more movement throughout the day.  I've begun to walk a little during my lunch, but I feel like there's so many more ways I can sneak in movement throughout the day.


Nutrition Goal

*Learn portion sizes


Huge portions is one of my biggest problems when it comes to eating.  I couldn't even tell you what the proper serving size is for the most of the food I eat.  My goal this week is to learn and familiarize myself with proper portion sizes.  I know that my bowl of pasta or rice is probably 2-3 times a normal serving, so I can't just say ok I'm going to only have 3/4 cup of pasta this week instead of 2 cups, but I want to gradually wean myself to a proper portion.

I found this cheat sheet online which I put on my phone to help compare my portion sizes to what an actual portion size is.


What is your favorite way to keep portion sizes in check?  What is your favorite way to get more movement throughout the day? I need some advice here ladies!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by