Monday, October 1, 2012

September Favorites

    September was kind of a low maintenance month for me.  I started work again and after finally getting paid again, I paid off A LOT of bills so I didn't purchase any new makeup products in September.  Here's some of my faves from September!

Favorite Products

Back to front, L to R:

* Slatkin &Company (Bath and Body Works) Candle in Pumpkin Cupcake- I only recently began purchasing seasonal candles.  I used to only buy sugar cookie or vanilla cupcake type candles.  I bought some super yummy smelling summer candles, so I decided to pick up a fall candle from Slatkin as well.  I am SO in love with this Pumpkin Cupcake candle.  It has a fall scent (spicy, cinnamon) while still smelling like a cupcake.  Great combo!

*Claire's Hair "Donut"- I tried to make the sock bun work.  I had the perfect sock to do it with and I just could not get it to roll down properly.  This donut is supposed to used by wrapping your hair around it, but I tried it the traditional roll down sock bun way and it works great! It's much bigger than a  regular sock bun, but it's too cute.

*Lush Big Shampoo- This is my first expensive shampoo purchase probably ever.  I purchased this after seeing just so many amazing reviews for it on blogs and youtube.  I have only used it twice, but it is love.  I don't notice an increase in volume after using this, but my hair feels so clean and completely free of any product residue.

*Jumbo Velcro Roller- I literally only use one velcro roller.  I flat iron my bangs, and roll them BACKWARDS in this jumbo roller.  It gives them a bit of volume and a cute little flip.

*Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation- I know I have had this as a favorite before, but this stuff is just awesome.  I thought I wouldn't be able to use it once the cooler temps hit (due to skin dryness), but fortunately I am still able to use it.

*Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster- I think this is the reason why I am still able to wear my Whipped Creme Foundation.  I use this every evening before I apply my moisturizer, and I swear this helps my moisturizer sink in that much better.  I haven't noticed a significant brightness yet in my skin, but the fact that it's still moisturized and supple makes me happy.

Favorite Pin
I wash my hair about three times a week.  One of those times I wash my hair I use a heat free curling method, so I'm not constantly applying heat to my hair.  On my second day curls I wear this hair style and I have been getting SO many compliments on it.  I need to start collecting more stretchy headbands.

Favorite Blog


One Good Thing by Jillee is just like Pinterest in blog form.  It's a blog full of great tips and DIY projects.  (Thank you Tammy!)

What were your faves of September?

1 comment:

Iyah Love said...

Ah! The donut! I need one myself.. I have a sock one too but failed at rolling as well.. hahah!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by