Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shecky's Girls Night Out

On Friday I went to Shecky's Girls' Night Out in NYC with one of my girlfriends.  I had always heard and read a lot about Shecky's Girls' Night Out, but have never attended an event myself.  Basically, the event is a shopping event with fashion, beauty and accessory retailers.  My friend Danielle had previously been to the event and said to bring plenty of cash because the shopping and the goody bag was amazing.

I was dumb and didn't take any pictures of the event, but from what I heard from my friend and from other shoppers the event was a major disappointment compared to past events.  The shopping was only on one level and while there was a nice mix of affordable and pricey retailers, it was mainly jewelry and I was really hoping to do some clothing damage.

Here's my tiny haul from the event:



Can you sense a bow theme here?  The silver bow necklace was $10, the gold wire ring was $20 and my favorite purchase-  Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Liquor Mousse push up was $4.  The ring was a bit pricey for a simple wire ring, but I've wanted a bow ring for a while and the vendor was very nice so I didn't mind spending the money.

The biggest disappointment of the night was the goody bag.  Many of the women at the event didn't want to get the goody bag right away because they said it's usually so heavy they don't feel like carrying it around.  Well, that was not a problem with this year's bag!


From L to R:

*imPress Press on Manicure- The color of these nails is very pretty, but these are the tiniest nails I've ever seen! I happen to have small nail beds, but I don't think these would even fit my nails.  I'm giving this to my friend's daughter.

*Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash- This is a product that I've heard a lot about, so I probably will find a way to incorporate this into my skin care routine.

*Soft Lips Chapstick Trio

*Greeting Card- I mean really? It's an adorable greeting card, but really?

*Organic Sweeteners

Yup, that was my gift bag.  I guess the event didn't have to include a gift bag so I shouldn't complain, but compared to the Pamper Me Fabulous gift bag I received a few weeks ago, this was a HUGE disappointment.

The Shecky's Girls Night Out Event is held all over the country, and if you've never been to one I would recommend going even though this event was a disappointment.  Every city will have different vendors and possibly different goody bags.  Visit sheckys.com for more information on upcoming events in your city.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by