Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes 2013: Fashion Trend Report

  I just love watching all of the awards shows and red carpets.  Of course, I do love my movies and television shows so I do care about the awards, but I just LOVE the fashion.  My favorite part of any major awards show is to watch Joan Rivers tear people apart the day after on Fashion Police.

   I was quite impressed by the fashion at last night's Golden Globes Awards.  There was only one dress I was a bit ehhh on, but for the most part I really liked everyones' looks. There were so many trends on the carpet, that I feel like we can incorporate into our daily fashion lives.  Here are some of my favorite trends:

FASHION

Red Belted Dress


I'm obsessed with Jennifer Lawrence, but I wasn't a huge fan of this dress on her.  Something about the boob part of the dress just didn't sit well with me.  However, I did love the look of a red belted dress on her.  This is a trend I think I will definitely be rocking come spring and summer.






Mint Green Anything!


I'm a big Jessica Chastain fan, but this dress was a miss for me.  I just don't think it did anything for her.  I did however, LOVE the soft mint green color.  This is a color that I think is here to stay!


Ornate Black and Gold


Kate Hudson looked simply stunning in this ornate, yet simple, black and gold number.  I was never a gold fan but it has been growing on me and this dress turned me into an all out fan!  Kate was my best dressed of the evening and I think there will be touches of black and gold everywhere after stores see this dress!









Sheer Over Solid


Isn't Kerry Washington just ridiculously stunning?  I really loved this dress and I loved the nude color on her skin tone.  The part of this dress that surprised me though, was the long sheer skirt over the short solid skirt.  I really thought that was a trend of last summer, but if Kerry is still wearing it, than I think everyone should still wear it!



Who was your best dressed of the night?  Do you like or dislike any of these trends? 

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by