Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Golden Globes 2013 Trend Report: Beauty Edition

   My co-workers and I are still talking constantly about the Golden Globes and all of the fabulous dresses.  The dresses weren't the only trends I was paying attention to, I was also obsessed with quite a few of the stunning beauty looks the starlets were rocking.  Here are some of my favorite Golden Globes beauty trends that we could all wear!

♥ The Messy Fishtail Braid
  I know my loves on Fashion Police said they were over the fishtail trend, but I think the simple braid is stunning and very youthful.  I think it looks beautiful on Lucy Liu, although I would have liked to see it messed up a little bit more.

♥ Undone Waves
   The trend of undone waves or super loose curls is not going anywhere! These waves are super easy to do at home and can be worn with a casual ensemble or a super fancy dress a la Amanda.



♥ Matching your lips to your outfit
  Jessica Alba was one of my best dressed ladies and I love how her lips match her ensemble.  I usually see this as a no-no, but with coral it works.


♥ Blunt Bangs
  Isn't Kerry Washington just amazingly stunning?  Her blunt, yet shaggy, bangs are just amazing!  I see a lot of people rocking this trend come spring and summer.  I wish my hair wasn't as stubborn as it is so I could attempt these bangs as well.

♥ The Gym Bun
  When Katharine McPhee walked onto the red carpet I was so excited to see her hair.  I rock this undone bone at least once a week and I always feel a bit on the bummy side when I do.  When I see McPhee rocking it with a bit of undone volume at the front I felt justified in taking the easy way out with my hair every once in a while.

♥ Kohl Rimmed Eyes
  Not many people can get away with lining the inner rim of their eyes all the way around, but McPhee makes it work.  Keep the rest of your makeup simple and use a kohl liner to ensure a smoldering look.

What were your favorite beauty trends of the evening?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by