Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review: Lush Big Shampoo

   I know I've sang the praises of Lush's Big Shampoo before, but I've never done a proper review.  Big Shampoo has quickly become not only one of my favorite hair products, but one of my favorite products in my beauty arsenal.

  As I've previously blogged about, my hair can sometimes a get an oily/gummy feeling in the crown area.  I've tried a lot of clarifying shampoos but none of them have ever done the job consistently.  I don't usually spend a lot of money on hair products, but after reading and seeing so many rave reviews about this product, I thought it would be worth a shot.

Product Info:

*Big Shampoo is available at your local Lush location or Lushusa.com.  It's $26.95 for 11.4 oz.

*Website description:
Give limp hair more volume than you thought possible with seaweed infusion to soften hair, and fresh citrus juices for incredible shine. Made with over 50% sea salt, BIG is our most effective shampoo for hair in need of a boost to turn it into sexy, bouncing hair. Full of minerals, sea salt de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt, without stripping natural oils. The lift comes from debris being lifted from the roots of the hair for major oomph. Plus, we’ve mixed in extra virgin coconut oil, and avocado butter for added softness. Your hair will be bouncing back to life.

*Product Description on Package:


*Ingredients:




Review:



As you can see by the picture of the product itself, this shampoo is unlike any you've probably seen before.  It appears to be a standard looking shampoo but with the grainy texture of sea salt!  The product smells very clean and a bit earthy.  The scent is not overpowering and doesn't remain on your hair after you rinse it out.

Pros
♥ Super effective for getting the "gunk" out of your hair
♥ Very cleansing
♥ Very gentle and safe for colored or treated hair
♥ Great for dandruff sufferers
♥ Promotes a healthy scalp and hair growth
♥ Very natural
♥ I actually love the tub like packaging

Cons
-A bit pricey for shampoo
-Can be too cleansing/drying
-Your hair needs to be super wet and saturated or you will still feel grains in your hair
-You need to use a bit more than your standard shampoo
-Doesn't provide any extra volume like it states (however my hair is EXTREMELY heavy)

Tips
♥ Make your hair is super wet and saturated before using this shampoo
♥ Use with a deep conditioner or heavy conditioner
♥ Concentrate soley on the roots- it's too drying for the  ends!
♥ Massage into your scalp with your fingertips for at least a minute
♥ Don't let water get into the tub

♥ Would I repurchase: Absolutely!

What is your favorite Lush product?  Have you ever tried Big Shampoo?





No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by