Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beauty Things I Suck At

  I've seen the tag, "Beauty Things I Suck At" going around Youtube and I LOVED this idea, because there are quite a few beauty things I suck at.  Here are the main ones:


**Teasing my Hair (I know this is not a proper teasing comb!)- I have purchased so many different types of teasing combs and teasing brushes.  I've tried different hair sprays, texture sprays and dry shampoos and I still can't get a decent tease in my hair.  My hair can be teased, because my friend Ally was able to get me massive volume, I'm just seriously unable to do it myself.

**Filing my nails to an actual shape- Yes, I suck at the simplest act of filing my nails into that basic "squoval" shape.  It's always uneven or jagged.

**Painting my nails- Keeping with the nail trend, I suck at painting my own nails.  If I don't have pointed q-tips and remover around my nails will look a hot mess!

**Blowing my hair straight- Can you sense a trend? Hand eye coordination is not a strength of mine.  I am completely unable to blow out my hair.  I normally just rough blow dry my hair and then flat iron it into submission.

**Liquid lining- I'm so bad at liquid liner that I don't even have a liquid liner!  It's a beauty goal of mine to master liquid liner, but I have had no such luck yet.

What are some beauty things that you girls suck at? Please tell me I'm not the only one who lacks these basic beauty skills!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Curling my hair. I am always terrified of burning myself and there's always that ONE piece that's straight. Hubby bought me hot rollers for V-day, but those suckers are hot!! I used them this weekend and burned my thumb and index fingers MANY times. Same goes for shaving..I always miss that one hair on my knee..real classy!

mayaari said...

maybe try a teasing brush? I have one that looks like this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teasing-and-back-comb-Brush-103-Head-Jog-wooden-handle-professional-/111023651897?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Brushes_Combs_PP&hash=item19d9867c39) and it works way better than any teasing comb I've used in the past.

I suck at drawing a cat/winged eye...I can usually get my right eye done properly, but my left eye never matches!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by