Monday, March 18, 2013

Doing Good, Looking Good

   If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you probably know that I am a very proud Penn State graduate.  People can hate on me, but I know what an amazing place my university is and the amazing things that they do.

Personally, I feel the most amazing contribution from Penn State is a 46-hour student run dance marathon to raise money for pediatric cancer affectionately titled, "Thon".  Every year there is a fundraising gala held in New York City for Thon called The Hope Gala.  My college roomie and I are trying to make it an annual tradition for us.  We rent a hotel room, get dolled up and do a decent amount of drinking and eating!

This year the event was held at The Edison Ballroom in Times Square and it was beautiful!  The event itself raised $74,000!

Here are some pics from the event and of course our super budget friendly gala ensembles!




 Ashleey's OOTN
Dress- David's Bridal 
Bracelet- F21
Shoes- DSW
My OOTN
Dress: Express (On super clearance for $26!!)
Cuff- Charming Charlies
Shoes- Target

If you'd like to learn more about Thon please visit thon.org.  It's an amazing event and organization and something quite beautiful to witness!



FTC Disclosure: Not a sponsored post.  All items mentioned were purchased on our own.  No affiliation with Thon.


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by