Friday, April 12, 2013

Fabulously Not Rich Review: The All Natural Face's Strawberries and Cream Face Wash

    It has been quite a while since Tammy and I did a Fabulously Not Rich Review.  It's where we both review the same item and post it!  We thought this was a great idea since we both have such different hair types, skin types, skin tone, etc.  Our first Fabulously Not Rich Review was on Stephen Knoll's Hydro Repair Mist.  You can see my review here and Tammy's review here.

  This time around we are both reviewing the Strawberries and Cream Face Food Fruit Facial Wash from The All Natural Face.  Tammy introduced me to this brand and when I purchased a Groupon-like deal for $50 worth of products this was one of the first products I added to my cart.




Before I start the review let me introduce you to my skin type:
*Dry
*Sensitive
*Acne prone in my chin area and upper lip area
*Dull
*Lots of redness
*Large pores

Now on to the review....

Product Information:

Made from pure dried strawberries and coconut milk, NOTHING else. This pure and simple wash comes with a little cup and scoop. Take a small scoop of fruit and mix it in the cup, or the palm of your hand with 2 scoops of water. You can either wash your face with it and rinse, or mix the fruit and apply to your face. You may want to get ready for your shower with it on your face, and then rinse it off once you are in the shower. That way it stay on your skin for a bit until it is washed off. You should follow this routine with an herbal toner, which will be released shortly. 

Strawberries are useful for oily skin but are suitable for all skin types. Strawberries contain salicylic acid, which rids the skin of dead cells, allowing it to absorb moisture more efficiently. Strawberries also have a mild bleaching effect on the skin and will help heal blemishes.


I've been using this product as a facial mask and not a face wash.  I have been using this mask once a week for about 6 weeks now.

Pros:
♥ Smells DELISH
♥ All natural!
♥ Very affordable
♥ Leaves skin feeling silky smooth
♥ Helps temporarily tone down redness
♥ Helps smooth out flaky spots

Cons:
-Can be messy and difficult to use
-Available only online or in the retail store in Mass
-No brightening or tightening (which I usually like from my masks)
-Results are felt more than seen


Here is my before picture after taking off my makeup and getting out of the shower.  As you can see I have a lot of redness in my skin, especially today after an uber stressful day and than an intense workout.



Here is my cheek after wearing the mask for 10 minutes.  As you can see some of the redness has disappeared, but I wish you could feel how much softer my skin feels.



Would I repurchase?:  I don't see why not! I plan on purchasing more from this site and with how affordable this is and how smooth my face feels afterwards it's a repurchase for me!

Make sure to go over to Tammy's blog to see how this all natural product worked for her!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I think I would buy this for the smell alone. Actually this might be great to put in the tub, but I wouldn't want to use that much product just on my body..

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by