Saturday, April 6, 2013

i HEART spring tag!

    I've seen the I heart spring tag going around YouTube.  I love spring, despite the allergens and up and down weather and the fact that I'm still at work, I do actually love spring.
    Spring by me is very different than a lot of the spring tags I've seen on YouTube.  Spring in New York is still cold!  It will most likely not be warm enough to wear dresses until mid-May and I still have to wear a heavy coat in the morning, but it is the sign of warmer things to come so I'll take it!



Spring Tag

1.  Favorite Spring Nail Polish

I actually have two- The first is the Avon Nailwear Pro in Sweet Mint.  It's a bit more green than the average mint colors and it reminds me of a muppet.  I don't know why this makes me love it more, but it does.  The second favorite is China Glaze's For Audrey.  This Tiffany blue color is just perfection and I feel like every girl who is into nail polish should have this color!

2.  What is your must have lip color for the spring?

I've really been liking this tinted lip balm in coral from The All Natural Face.  It's a tinted balm so it's a subtle color, but the coral is really pretty and brightening.  The only thing I've noticed with coral lip colors is that it doesn't make teeth look super white, so if you want to give the coral trend a try I'd use some whitening strips first to get the most accurate color reading.



3.  Show us your favorite spring dress.

All of my spring dresses are packed up away still with the rest of my warm weather gear, so I had to steal a pic from last spring.  This yellow dress I only wore twice for two special occasions, but I love it! It was super affordable at Joyce Leslie and I think the yellow eyelet material just screams SPRING!



4.  What's your favorite flower?

I'm super allergic to most flowers, but visually I love tulips.  Tulips were my grandfathers favorites so I guess that's why they are my favorites as well.

5.  Favorite spring/scarf accessory.

I love this blue ombre scarf from American Eagle.  I bought this in college, so maybe like 8 years ago, before the ombre trend was even a thing.  I always get a compliment when I wear this scarf and this lightweight material makes it perfect for spring.

6.  What spring trend are you most excited about this year?

I really love all of the braids that have been popular for the past few years now.  They are so soft and effortless and with some practice I think can be easy to replicate.



7.  Favorite spring candle.

Again, I'm still using up my winter candles since it's still so chilly, but I love the Clean Cotton scent from Yankee Candle.  I'm not big on floral scents, so this is my crisp clean spring scent.  It smells like freshly laundered shirts.



8.  Favorite body spray/perfume for spring.

I bought this Peach Sparkle body spray from Bath and Body Works last year and I love it.  It's the perfect light spring scent.  It's so strange I love this so much, since I can't stand the taste of peaches!

9.  What is spring like where you live?

As I said in the introduction, spring is still pretty chilly here currently.  If we get days in the 60's it's a beautiful thing.  The mornings are still very chilly, but the afternoons have been getting noticeably warmer.

10.  What's your favorite thing about spring?

My favorite part of spring is hands down baseball.  I count the days for baseball season to begin and I'm so happy that baseball is back again!



11.  Are you a spring cleaner?

I like to think I am, but not really.  I go through random bursts of cleaning out my closet or makeup collection, but I want to be a hard core spring cleaner!

12.  Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?

My spring break already past and the only trip I took was to a night in Atlantic City.  I'd like to go somewhere for Memorial Day weekend, but I don't know if that will be happening.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by