Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Current Empties: Skin Care, and candles and body care- Oh my!

  This has to be one of my last "empties" posts for quite a while.  I still can't get over the amount of products that I have used up in such a short amount of time.  Other than these I only have a few products that are near empty, so it will be quite a while a while until I write another one of these posts.


Skin Care


*Trader Joe's Rejuvenating Antioxidant Face Lotion- This super affordable face lotion is amazing!! It smells good and is super gentle, yet effective at providing the right amount of moisture for day time use.  I have another face lotion from Arbonne that I'm currently using, but after that I am going right back to repurchasing this.

*St. Clare Hyalauronic Acid Moisture Mask- This was one of the few sheet masks that I've had remaining in my collection and while my skin was facing a dry spell a while back.  This mask really did not agree with my skin and I had several breakouts on my chin the next day following this.  Definitely not a repurchase!

*The Body Shop Cucumber Freshening Water- This was my morning toner every day for probably over a year.  I don't wash my face in the morning because it would cause extra dryness, so I would use this on a cotton pad every morning to just get any remnants of yesterdays makeup off my face.  I'm using a toner from The All Natural Face that I really enjoy, so I don't think this will be a repurchase for me even though I really enjoyed it.

Body Care


*Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub- This scrub is a really great daily exfoliant body wash.  Since it both exfoliates and moisturizes it, you step out of the shower with super smooth skin.  I have a back up of this baby already!

*Arbonne Ginger Citrus Body Wash- I really enjoyed this zesty smelling body wash.  It bubbled up nicely and smelled good.  Nothing super amazing about it though, so I won't be repurchasing.

*Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Foaming Hand Soap- This is one of my favorite scents from Bath and Body Works ever!  I would use this soap year round if I could.  Definite repurchase!

*ScentBar Cabana Body Lotion- I already featured this in one of my monthly favorites.  I absolutely love the scent of this lotion and it is quite moisturizing.  I have quite a few body butters to go through, but this scent is definitely a repurchase for me.  Smells like summer!

*Scent Outlast Antipersperant- I've stated before that I'm a sweaty gal, this deodorant worked quite well  for me with inhibiting sweat, although I'm trying to stick with more natural deodorants so this probably won't be a repurchase.

*Soap and Glory Great Shakes Hand Cream- I carried this around in my purse and I really enjoyed it.  It kept my dry hands moisturized and the small was subtle and pleasant.  However, I like my Bath and Body Works mini lotions just as much and they are much more affordable.

Miscellaneous 


*Slatkin & Co Hot Buttered Rum Candle- This candle was such an amazing scent.  I really enjoy warm and food inspired scents, and this was the perfect combination of both.  I will definitely be repurchasing this candle again come winter.

*Beauty Secrets Acetone Nail Polish Remover- I know acetone remover is bad for your nails, but I prefer to use acetone remover because it's easier.  This was not the case with this particular acetone remover.  Even with the most basic and cheapy polish I had to put forth quite an effort to get nail polish off with this remover.  This will definitely not be a repurchase for me.

*Slatkin & Co Winter Nights Candle- Another one of my new favorite winter scents.  It smells like a good cologne.  Just like Hot Buttered Rum, this will definitely be a repurchase for me come winter!

What products have you used up lately?  Can anyone out there recommend a good nail polish remover for me?


1 comment:

Lulu said...

yay on all your empties! I really like the sephora express nail polish remover (http://www.sephora.com/express-nail-polish-remover-P276333?skuId=1258441), I usually stock up during their FF sales. It's not a huge bottle and it's priced more than a drugstore brand, however, it removes np so easily and so fast, usually i only need one botton pad for all 10 fingers. it also doesn't smell as strong as some of the other removers I've tried, and removes glitters well too! give it a try when you go to the store next time :)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by