Sunday, June 2, 2013

Beauty Bloggers Take New Jersey!

  Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the day with two of my favorite beauty gals, Vanessa, of Vans Makeup Ride (don't worry I'm working on getting her blogging again :) and Tammy of Not A Rich Girl.

   Vanessa and her husband planned a weekend trip to NYC from Texas and Tammy planned a beautiful day of shopping and dining in Hoboken.  Needless to say, we all spent an insane amount of money and will not need skin care products for QUITE a while!

My beautiful girls <3 p="">


Vanessa gave me such a beautiful gift!  She didn't have to do it and my absolute favorite part is the sign.  It says:  Good Friends Are Like Stars, You Don't Always Have To See Them To Know That They Are There.

How beautiful is that?!!  She also got me a personalized little makeup bag, an earrings and necklace set (can't wait to rock this), moisturizing socks and a green tea herbal soap bar.  I'm hoping to squeeze all of my purse makeup into the Melissa pouch because it's so darn cute!





After we had an awesome lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Hoboken, we went to Ricky's.  Some of the items in Ricky's are overpriced, but they have a lot of items that aren't frequently found in other stores.  I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get the product right away then pay shipping and wait a few days.  I only got two items:
Alba Botanica Very Emolient Cream Shave in Aloe Mint
Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder

Ok, who HASN'T heard about this Ben Nye powder?  Almost every popular beauty vlogger uses this to brighten up the under eye area.  I can't wait to try it out.  I knew I would never use all of this damn product, so we bought jars and Vanessa's hubby sat in the corner of Ulta and separated the product into jars for us haha.




After Hoboken, Tammy drove us to this little Korea-town by her to check out her favorite Asian beauty stores.  Tammy was the first one to introduce me to sheet masks and a lot of the Asian skin care products, so I was super excited to be able to shop for my own!

First, we stopped at The Face Shop.  I really liked this store, it reminded me of a yoga studio inside- very calm and mellow.  The packaging on all of the products were so cute and they have products and ingredients that I have never heard of before.

I picked up:

-Real Nature Mask Mung Bean Sheet Mask
-Real Nature Mask Lemon Sheet Mask
-White Mud Nose Pack (like Biore strips in a mud form)
-Post-Acne Nighttime Spot Eraser (the number one product I wanted to try from here!)
-Raspberry Roots Collagen Eye Patch (I'm going to throw these in the fridge for an extra tightening effect)

The prices on these products were fantastic, very comparable to drugstore skin care prices and they threw in so many samples!  What beauty gal doesn't love to play around with samples?





Next, we went to Nature Republic.  I think this was my favorite store of the day.  Again, the decor was tranquil and serene and the prices were so fantastic!  I wish American drugstores would look at all of the innovative Asian skincare products and the beautiful packaging.  The only downside of this store was the saleswoman silently followed us all around the store.  We weren't stealing!
The products I bought were:

-By Flower Oil Control Mist (I'm normally very dry, but I get GREAZY during the summer.  Definitely going to carry this around in my purse)
-Fresh Deodorant Tissues (How brills are these? Going to probably leave them in my car)
-Fruits Waltz Color Nail Remover (I had to ask the SA to make sure this was POLISH remover lol)
-Control Film (Tammy said film worked better than blotting sheets on her during the summer, so it was worth a shot!)
-Snail Therapy 10,000 Hydrogel Eye Patch (Love the looks of these! Definitely going to pop these in the fridge as well for an extra tightening effect)
-Blackhead Brake Clear Nose Patch

And again- how awesome are the samples?!



Next stop on the Tammy express was Mitsuwa.  I have been reading about Mitsuwa since I began reading beauty blogs.  It's a huge Asian supermarket with an awesome food court as well.  A lot of Asian beauty brands are sold here so we knew we had to hit it up.  After grabbing a free sample of food, we headed to the beauty aisles.  I didn't pick up nearly as much as I thought.  I was looking for the Lucido L curling lotion, but no such luck!  Instead I got:

-Fresh Green Tee Hand Mask
-Healthy Peppermint Foot Mask
-Bobby Pins (Tammy says they are amazing and I love the container!)
-Care & Style Wave Hair Milk
-Strawberry Gummy Candy
-Hello Panda Snacks

I hope the wave hair milk works in my hair.  It's one of the products I'm most excited to test out!




Finally, our last stop was Ulta.  I've only been to Ulta one or two times, but I knew I didn't want to purchase any premium brands there because I'll miss out on the points from Sephora haha.  I did pick up a few things though that aren't readily available by me:

-Badger Balm Headache Soother (Tammy recommended this because it helps soothe her migraines. I will try anything that helps!)
-Hawaiian Tropic Hydration After Sun Lotion
-Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki (my first Ecotools brush!)
-Batiste Dry Shampoo (LOVE the packaging!)
-Prestige Biggest Lashes Mascara (I LOVED this when Tammy sent it to me)
-Prestige Blackest Lashes Mascara




All in all, it was a beautiful day (not so beautiful for my wallet!) and I'm so grateful for the blogosphere because it brought two such amazing women into my life.  Thank you Tammy for taking us around and planning such a beautiful day and thank you Vanessa for making the trip and cutting some time out of your short weekend here to spend with us! Love you gals!

3 comments:

Diana PaperDoll said...

How fun!! You ladies look lovely, and wow! Lots of shopping! Must have been a very full but awesome day together. I hope the wave hair milk works well for you.

Tammy said...

Tammy Express..lol What a great day!!!! <3

Mama said...

I live close by, I want to go on your next shopping trip.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by