Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Get Your Bronze On- St. Tropez Review

  I am PALE.  I mean glow in the dark, ghostly, freckles, people think I'm Irish pale.  It is very difficult for me to get a tan and I burn very easily so I usually slather up in sunscreen anyway.  I've tried the gradual self tanners with some success, but I've been dying to try the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse that I so frequently hear about.

  I purchased the mousse and the application mitt quite a while ago, but I haven't used it until recently as the weather has required skimpy dresses and tanks.

  



 This is the most I've ever spent on a self-tanner and I HATE to say it- but it is so worth it!  The application is a breeze (check on Youtube or the St. Tropez website for how to videos) with the mitt but I would definitely recommend having someone around to help you bronze your back.  The most important thing to remember is to cover every inch you want tanned.  It doesn't matter if you rub too much product on a single area, it will blend, but you have to cover every area or that area won't bronze.    This is easy to do since the mousse itself is nicely bronzed!

I recommend starting at the bottom and working your way up, that way you won't have creases in your belly or anything when you bend over to apply the mousse to your legs.  I used the makeup sponge method to apply the mousse to my face.  I've tried this three times and have not had issues with this breaking me out.  

I would say this lasts for about 4-5 days with daily shaving and loofahing.

Ok here's the scary before pics!!


Seriously, how unattractive and terrifying do my legs look in this pic? haha

..And the glorious after pics!!



I am SUPER impressed with the results.  I recently ordered Million Dollar Tan from Hautelook, which is organic, so I can't wait to see how it compares, but in the meantime I feel that this self-tanner is well worth the money and will save a lot of future wrinkles.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by