Sunday, June 30, 2013

How to Carry On: Beauty Edition

     As this is being published I am on my way to South Carolina for a few days of R & R at the beach.  I'm only going from Sunday-Wednesday so I didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices to check luggage and decided to carry on only.  I knew I wouldn't have a problem with the clothes, but the liquids aspect of it may be tricky.  Here's what I carried on for my liquids and some tips and tricks on squeezing it all in:



What I packed top to bottom, left to right:

Top Row:
*Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo- Not technically a liquid, but all aerosols have to be included in the 3 oz or less liquid rule.

*Tresemme Tres Clean Gel- I'm not planning on blow drying my hair or anything so a bit of gel scrunched in and some air drying should suffice.

*John Frieda Root Awakening- I wash my hair as little as possible, so these sample sizes which I got in the mail are perfect.  This is why you should always save your samples!

Middle Row:
*Black and White Pill Case- This pill case contains my Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation.  I don't need that whole jar, and let's face it that jar would take up my entire liquids bag, so I scooped a bit into this pill jar.

*Physicians Formula Conceal Rx- This is a perfect underye concealer and for redness around the nose.

*Benefit Bad Gal Mascara- I held onto this sample size even though I don't love the mascara.  It's the perfect size for travel.

*Smashbox Photo Finish Primer- I think this was one of my sample choices with a Sephora order.  I haven't tried it before, so I hope I don't have an adverse reaction.

*RMS Concealer Sample- Tammy sent me this and I've used it a few times and loved it.  This sample size is perfect for any blemishes and is also a better shade for my tan skin.

*Face Shop High Beam Dupe Sample

*ELF Lipgloss- The one lipgloss I'm bringing.  Perfect for day looks and if I go out at night.

*SKIN Transformer BB Cream- This is what I'll slather on my face when I go to the beach so I can get coverage and skin care benefits.  I got this sample size in my Sephora Sun Safety Kit this year.

Bottom Row:

*Natural Republic SPF 50 Sample

*Ole Henriksen 55 SPF- I also got this in my Sun Safety Kit and plan on using this at the beach specifically.

*Boscia Self Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisturizer with SPF- My day cream with a healthy dose of SPF.  Also from the Sephora kit.

*Kate Spade Swirl Perfume Sample- I have SO many of these little sample perfume vials.  I can't wait to get rid of some of them on all of these little trips I have coming up.

*Sheaterra White Chocolate Body Cream- OMG does this stuff smell amazing! I like to save these smaller sizes products to use for traveling or to keep in my purse.

*Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser

*Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer- This moisturizer is a bit heavy for the summer, but considering I'll be spending a lot of time in the sun, I want a heavier moisturizer.

When I first started looking at all of the liquids I needed to pack I automatically flipped, but as you can see I fit a lot in there.  Before I leave I'll also be throwing my SPF lip balm in the bag.

Here are items that MUST be included in your liquids bag:

-Any liquid makeup (including liquid liner and cream eyeshadow)
-Any liquid skincare or body care products
-Any aerosol products
-Toothpaste
-Gel or roll on deodorants
-Chapsticks or lip balms

Here are items that DO NOT have to be included in your liquids bag:

-Pencil eyeliners
-Face wipes or body wipes
-Regular stick deodorants

What are your tips for traveling with makeup?  I'm always looking for ways to stay better organized when traveling!


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by