Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Bucket List

  A few weekends ago one of my girlfriends and I put together our Summer Bucket List.  We decided to do one together because we have a lot of the same plans in mind.  Let's see how many of these babies we can cross of our list before the end of summer!


1.  Visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa)




We are both life long New Yorkers and have never been to this beautiful modern art mecca.

2.  Visit the Metropolitan Museum (Met)

I have been to the Met countless times (it's literally one of my favorite places in New York City), but my friend Serafina has never been.  If you visit NYC you MUST visit the Met.  It's not just paintings trust me!

3.  Visit a rooftop bar

Rooftop bars are THE summer location in New York.  Neither of us have ever been to one- so it's about time!





4.  Visit the Botanical Gardens

The Botanical Gardens is one of those rare beautiful nature reserves in the middle of New York.  The one we want to visit is in the Bronx and it's supposed to be stunning.  Definitely will need to take my allergy pills that day though!

5.  Make s'mores

I have never in my life made a s'more.  I know, I've been deprived.



6.  Find the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park

I've been in Central park plenty of times, but never really explored the inner paths of the park.  My friend Serafina is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland so we MUST find this beautiful area of the park this summer.

7.  Have gelato

I mean come on, gelato just sounds so much fancier than ice cream!

8.  Attend an outdoor movie

In New York City there's an outdoor movie somewhere pretty much every week.  I've wanted to go to an outdoor movie since I've seen The Wedding Planner.



9.  Go thrifting

The thrifting in NYC is AH-MAZING! It's time to make a day and just go thrift store hopping.

10.  Be a tourist for a day

Again, both of us have been lifelong New Yorkers, but there's so much we haven't done because they are considered "tourist" things.  I'm dying to go to the top of the Rock, visit Ellis Island, take a boat tour, a double decker bus tour.  It's time to take advantage of the amazing city I have in my backyard!




What's on your Summer 2013 Bucket List?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by