Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Essentials: Beauty Edition

  As summer has officially begun, I thought it was time to post my personal beauty essentials for summer.




*Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion

This sunscreen is marketed for the face, but I use it on my body.  I have the tendency to get very sweaty in the summer and sunscreens can frequently make my chest breakout.  This facial sunscreen has helped minimize those breakouts.

*Revlon Color Stay Whipped Crème Makeup in Warm Golden


Some people may think this foundation is a bit too heavy for the summer, but I apply this in a super light layer with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it applies beautifully.  This color is perfect to warm up my skin tone in these tanner months.

*Boscia Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture SPF 30


I received this in my Sephora Sun Kit and I've really enjoyed it.  It provides moisture and SPF and provides a great base for makeup.

*Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde

 This is my favorite blush to use on summer nights.  It looks beautiful with a tan and it's a blush and highlighter in one.

*Softlips Lip Protectant SPF 20


 A lot of people tend to forget their lips when they apply SPF and this softlips chap stick provides SPF 20 protection and a non-glossy surface so it won't further attract sun.

*Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Ok, before I discuss how beautiful this bronzer is, let me discuss the smell.  How did I love so long without not using a chocolate scented bronzer? It smells heavenly!  Also, the color is just beyond beautiful.  Brown without being ruddy.  Too dark for my face normally, but with a slight tan it looks beautiful.

*Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Coppy Right

I don't like wearing a lot of eye makeup day to day in the summer and this cream shadow provides a beautiful sparkly bronze glow on my eyes.  It also helps bring out the green in my eyes.  With a primer, this baby can last all day.

*Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Regular


When I had to the beach, this is what I use as my foundation.  It's super light and applies beautifully.  If I'm going for a fuller face look, I use this on top of my Revlon foundation.

*Nature Republic By Flower Oil Control Mist

I've only had this for a couple of weeks, but wow is it great!  I apply 2-3 spritzes to my face after my moisturizer, but before my primer.  It has really cut down on my greasy face without giving my face a matte appearance.  I won't even touch this in the winter when my skin is Sahara dry, but right now it's amazing!!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by