Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Couponing Haul #1

   This weekend I hung out with my dad's neighbors who are AMAZING couponers.  They aren't those crazy couponers you see with stockpiles in their basement, but they stock up for their large family.  They swear by The Krazy Coupon Lady.  I follow her on Facebook, but never really looked into her blog before they mentioned it.  Basically, this blog is similar to Coupon Diva, which I follow.  She lists most of the common drug and grocery stores, what's on sale and matches it up with the coupons from the Sunday paper or printable coupons.

  Her information, along with my neighbors stories, encouraged me to give couponing another chance.  I had tried it a while back using Coupon Diva's website, but I find The Krazy Coupon Lady's blog a bit more informative and including a lot more deals.

  This week I stuck to CVS.  So here we go.



First transaction:

Starbucks Iced Coffee
On sale for $1.50
Use $1.00 off 1 Starbucks Iced Coffee Printable Coupon (no longer available)
Get back $1.50 Extra Bucks

Total out of pocket cost- $.50
Roll Over $1.50 Extra Bucks

During this transaction I also got a quarterly Extra Care Bucks of 50 cents and a CVS coupon of $5 off a purchase of $15

Second Transaction

2 Boxes of L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Hair Color
On Sale from $11.49 to $5.99
Used two printable coupons for $2 off - here

1 Hydro Silk Razor
On Sale for $.949

Used my $2 EB, 2 $2.00 off hair dye coupons, and $5 off $15 CVS coupon

Total out of pocket cost: $11.65
Roll Over $4 Extra Bucks

Third Transaction

1 Gilette Venus Pro Skin Razor
Used $5 off coupon from newspaper several weeks ago

$5 off coupon and $4 EB

Total out of pocket cost: $4.74
Roll Over $2 EB

Retail value of total purchase: $52.06
I paid: $16.88
Plus $2 EB to use at another time

All in all, I think I got some really fantastic deals!!  I really wanted to use my $2 off 3 WnW products coupon in combination with the BOGO 1/2 off WnW Sale this week at CVS, but my CVS stores don't sell WnW products.

Do you gals coupon?  I want to start small, but eventually make my way to couponing at the grocery store, because let's face it...food is my true necessity!




1 comment:

rasilla said...

Great Haul!

I wish I could coupon better, but in Canada they don't allow coupon stacking, which is where we lose out to the great snags you guys get~

But I have been using a cashback app called checkout51 (I don't know if you guys have it?) but it has been fun to use as it helps me save a bit more, on top of the coupons that I use.

Anyway, here's to many more great couponing hauls for you :)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by