Friday, July 19, 2013

My First Ipsy/Glam Bag

  It's been a while since I've used a beauty subscription service.  The Ipsy bag is a beauty box that I was a bit hesitant about using at first.  I remember when it first came out I didn't hear a lot of great reviews.  Lately however, the bags have seemed great and I put myself on the waiting list a month ago and the July bag was my first one.  It was a beach themed bag, and while I didn't love the bag itself, some of the products were hits for me.




*Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray- I've been looking for a good beach spray, and I've heard a lot of good things about this one.  Once the temperature dips down below 100 and I feel like removing my hair from a bun, I will definitely be testing this out!

*BH Cosmetics California Collection Sampler- I've never tried BH Cosmetics, but I have had some interest in trying out one of the California palettes- either the San Francisco, Hollywood or Malibu palette.  This little sampler contained a shadow from each palette- and the swatches were pretty crappy. Glad I saved myself the money of buying the full sized palettes.

*Coola SPF 20 Organic Rose Essence Tinted Sunscreen- Coola is a brand that I've heard a lot about due to it being a favorite of the Tone It Up girls.  I love the idea of an organic and mineral sunscreen and one that is tinted is even better.  Can't wait for a beach day to test this baby out.

*Nailitini Nail Laquer in Mai Tai- This is a full sized laquer and is a beautiful creamy coral color.  I've never tried out a polish from this brand before, so I'm excited to see how it applies and how long it lasts.

*Pop Beauty Flirty Fuchsia Pouty Pop Crayon- This is one of those giant pencil balms like from Tarte or Revlon.  This shade is a bit bright for my liking, but with a bit of a tan I think I'd be able to pull it off.

All in all I was happy, but not thrilled by my first Ipsy bag.  I do like how the bag contains a postcard with discount codes for all of the brands included in the various bags that month, but I wasn't blown away by the product selection or product sizes in this first bag.  Stay tuned for mini reviews on the products!

Did you receive anything different in your Ipsy bag this month?  I've seen a few different variations!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by