Monday, August 26, 2013

Current Empties...Again

   I have finished up quite a few products in the past month or so.  I also finished a makeup product which I always find is SO hard to do!  Here are the products I've finished and my thoughts on them.

Face/Makeup



*Jergens Natural Glow for Face- This product is not even technically empty, it was just so bad that I couldn't finish it.  This added zero color to my pale face and provided no moisture either.

*EOS Lip Balm- I think this is the Honeydew flavor.  I loved these EOS lip balms at first, and I still do like them, but after a while I think my lips may have adapted to them and they don't provide as much moisture.

*Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser- It took me a long time to go through this cleanser.  I did like this cleanser, but I wasn't blown away with it.  It was very gentle, but not as effective as removing makeup as a lot of the reviews suggest.  I have a few other washes to go through, but if I find any problems with other face washes, I will return to this super gentle cleanser.

*Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara- I received my first tube of this from Tammy and I love it!  This is a second tube and I do plan on repurchasing this after I try out some other mascaras.

*Avon Glimmersticks Brow Liner in Tawny- I did like this Avon brow liner, but I don't plan on purchasing Avon products anymore as I learned they do test on animals.

*Nature Republic Blackhead Brake- These are a cheaper alternative to the Biore pore strips.  I find it to be as effective as the Biore strips.  If I ever get the chance to visit one of these stores again, I plan on stocking up.

*Oil Blotting Sheets- My mom bought me these blotting sheets from the Japan section of Epcot.  They were super cheap and also super effective.  Next time I visit Disney World I hope they still have these to pick up.

*The ANF Rose Petal and Elderflower Toner- This was the first product I've used up from my All Natural Face haul.  I really liked this.  It was gentle and effective and natural!  I want to test out alcohol free witch hazel as a toner next, but if that doesn't work I do plan on repurchasing this.

Body



*First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream- I think I got this in a QVC Beauty Tube once and I really like it.  It's super smooth and provides a nick free shave.  It's a bit pricey for a shave cream though so I probably won't repurchase.

*Dry Idea Antiperspirant- This baby is a super hard core antiperspirant.  I would use this during those 90+ degree days and would remain relatively dry.  I'm trying to use more natural deodorant products, but on a really hot and humid day a product like this is a necessity.

*Bliss Lemon and Sage Body Butter- I also received this in a QVC Beauty Tube.  Lemon and sage sounds like an odd scent, but I actually really liked this scent.  It was fresh and perfect for the spring and summer.  I have so many lotions and creams to go through that I won't be repurchasing this.

*Shick Hydro 5 Razors- I really like using mens razors as I find they typically have more blades and shave better.  This will definitely be a repurchased item.

*CVS Brand Premium Cotton Squares- These were just ok.  When using these pads to remove nail polish they would sort of fall apart and they do shed a bit.  I won't be repurchasing this item.

Random



*CVS Brand Daily Gummy Vitamins- You know I love my gummy vitamins!  These were cheap and yummy.  When they go on sale again, I will be repurchasing.

*Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray- I bought this from Sephora  a while ago after hearing everyone rave about it.  I really didn't notice a difference when using this spray.  I prefer my Batiste Dry Shampoo A LOT better.

*Crest 3d White Mouthwash- I'm not a big mouthwash girl, but this one wasn't my favorite.  It had more of a vinegar like taste and I didn't use it frequently enough to notice any kind of whitening effect.


Has anyone used any of the products that I just finished up?  I'd love to know your take on them!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by