Monday, September 2, 2013

August Beauty Favorites

    I only have four August beauty favorites, as I put myself on a no buy for the month of August and September (we will see about that!).  Also, while July was my traveling month, August was my bum month.  There were days I didn't leave the house except to go lay out and read a magazine.  I'm sure September will have more favorites as I get back into a routine and begin wearing makeup on the daily.




*Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel- I've had this for a while.  I bought this in one of those $10 Black Friday kits from Sephora.  I found myself getting much oilier than I usually do this summer so I decided to switch to a gel cleanser.  I forgot about this one until I went searching through my sample drawer and found her.  This is a great gentle gel cleanser and I really like how it gets milky when mixed with water.  I find this better at taking off makeup residue than Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser.

*Kirkland Brand Kabuki Blush- I got this in my Kirkland Brand holiday brush set two Christmases ago.  This is the perfect brush to blend out your contour lines or if you added too much blush.  It's super soft and washes very well.

*Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray- I received this in my Ipsy bag last month and I really enjoy this salt spray.  This is one of the few sprays that turns my blah waves into actual curled/textured hair.  On the lazy days of this month I would only use this in my hair.  One downside though, it doesn't hold up well in my hair.  Meaning I usually wash my hair once every 2 or 3 days, but with this in my hair I feel like I need to wash it the next day.

*Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme Face- I bought this facial self tanner off of Hautelook a few months ago.  Now I am SUPER pale, so I use this facial tanner mixed in with some facial moisturizer to tone it down a bit.  This stuff is awesome.  It doesn't break me out at all and provides a super bronze look.  It does take a bit to sink into skin though, so don't apply this right before bed or makeup.  Give it 15-20 minutes to fully sink in.

What products have you been reaching for lately?  Has anyone tried any of the products I mentioned above?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I agree with you about the spray. My hair MUST be washed the next day after using it.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by