Friday, September 13, 2013

Make It Stop: Beauty Edition

    On Tuesday I wrote a post about fashion trends that I just want to disappear!  Now it's on to the beauty trends that I really, really dislike.  Again, this is just my opinion and just my taste.  I'lm not meaning to offend anyone!

*Stiletto Nails


How do people function with these?  These claw like nail shapes just don't seem practical or safe to me.  I work with children, these can be dangerous!

*Half Shaved Hairstyles



Now here's a tricky one for me.  I like some of the tightly braided styles to immitate the half shaved style, but I really dislike the half shaved hairstyle itself.  Again, it just seems like something the celebs love, but not a lot of real people can rock.

*Wet Hair Look



When it's summer time and it's too damn hot to do a thing to your hair, I love the look of wet and messy hair.  However, for formal events or going out to more than just the store or something I am not a fan of the wet look.  The way people are doing it lately it just looks super greasy.  Not a fan!

*Double Liner


I have to be honest with you, I don't know why I dislike the double winged liner look, I'm just not personally a fan of it.  I think it makes eyes appear too small.

*Super Nude and Super Tan



A lot of celebrities and girls up in the club seem to think that the darker the tan, the nuder the lip.  Now I am paler than pale so being tan is probably not a topic I should have an opinion on.  However, I think a super nude lip with a beautiful tan just looks creepy.  Rock a little bit of color!!

These are just some of the beauty trends that I hope go away and go away quickly!  Any of these on your "Hated It!" list or any beauty trends you can't stand? Vent away!

1 comment:

K said...

The half shaved look is sooo popular in Japan as well, both for men and women. I'm so happy I'm not the only one who doesn't like it!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by