Monday, September 23, 2013

Trend Report: Emmy 2013 Fashion

   The Emmys were on last night and I believe these are usually the last of the big awards for the year.  The Emmys are pretty much the Oscars for television and I love to see my favorite tv stars really glam it up for the red carpet.  There was one trend that really stood out to me on the red carpet and that is: GEM TONES!
     The thing I love about gem tones is that any skin tone can pull of these colors!  They take away some of the paleness from super pale girls like myself, and pick up the beautiful olive tones in darker skinned girls.  I also find that gem tones highlight any eye color!

   Gem toned dresses were all over the red carpet and here are some of my favorite gem colored dresses of the evening and some pieces that you can easily fit into your every day or special occasion wardrobe.

Mindy Kaling in plum






 Tina Fey in royal blue






 Kaley Cuoco in maroon






 Mayim Bialik in emerald green





And one non-gem toned stand out...Sofia Vergara!




Overall, my best dressed was Sofia Vergara.  I know people are saying she always does mermaid dresses, but they work for her!  The color and texture of this dress make it stand out and the pop of green from the earrings really make it current.

Who was your best dressed?? 



No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by