Saturday, November 9, 2013

Current Empties....Again!

   It's about that time that I go through my trash again for you all!  I've finished up a lot of skin care products in the past few months, which I am very proud of.  Some of these products aren't actually empty, they were just terrible!

I'm Sorry for total lack of pics!! This post was in my drafts and now I can't find the pics anywhere!!! :( TOTAL FAIL!

SKIN CARE



*Freeman Purifying Paper Maks Star Fruit- I got this sheet mask in my Ipsy Glam Bag last month and it was HORRIBLE!  It not only burned my skin, but my eyes were in agony.  I took it off almost immediately and my eyes stayed red and irritated for almost an hour afterwards.  Definitely will not be purchasing!

*Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil- I got this free sample in either this month's issue of Glamour or Cosmo.  I've been giving myself facial massages once a week and I got two uses out of this sample.  It's a nice, light oil with a pleasant smell.  No break outs resulted from it, so I may look into purchasing this.

*Nature Republic Blackhead Break- I got this from my Tammy love.  I think this Nature Republic strips are so much more effective than Biore's Pore Strips.  This will definitely be a repurchase for me.

*Raspberry Roots Collagen Eye Mask- I've had this eye mask for quite a while and used it after a particularly rough night out.  I keep these in the fridge and the cold along with the mask itself results in a nice tightening effect.  I don't know if I will repurchase these exactly, but I will definitely be purchasing more eye masks.

*Kirkland Daily Facial Toilettes- We already know I love this makeup remover wipes.  This may be the last batch I buy though.  I've been using the Ken Gho Do cleansing water as a makeup remover and I've been enjoying it so far.

*The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost- This product lasted an amazingly long time.  I used this for my primer and I really enjoyed it.  I'm going to try the Tarte Poreless Primer next, but if that doesn't work I will be going back to this one.

*100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream- There's a little bit of this left, but it's pretty much impossible to get out!  I've had this for over a year and I really liked it.  It's all organic and it sinks in quite quickly.  Right now I'm using Yes for Grapefruits eye cream, but I will most likely be going back to this eye cream.

*Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion- Clinique lotions normally dry me out, but this one is ok when used sporadically.  I used this once a week when I stayed at my dad's house.  I don't plan on purchasing this item.

*Clinique Clinical Even Better Dark Spot Corrector- This product did a decent job on lightening my acne scars. I wasn't blown away by the results so I most likely won't be repurchasing.  However, my skin has taken a turn for the worst lately so I may have to go back to this.

*Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover- I received this sample from a friend.  It did a decent job at removing my eye makeup, but Mary Kay is not a cruelty free company so I won't be repurchasing.

MAKEUP/NAILS

*Laura Gellar Balance and Brighten- This was a smaller size of this product and it lasted me FOREVER!  I never used this as a foundation on its own as it didn't provide enough coverage for me.  I used this as a setting powder and it was beautiful.  It blends seamlessly and just bumps up the coverage of any foundation you have own.  Depending on  if I can find a decent deal on QVC I may repurchase this.

*Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara- This is fabulous drugstore mascara!  It's super dark and really thickens and lengthens your lashes.  I have tons of mascaras to go through so this probably won't be a repurchase though.

*Tarte EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Liner- I think I received this in a QVC Beauty Tube and I HATED it! It was way too soft and creamy to ever get a precise line.  I tried freezing this as I thought maybe my room was too hot and I still got the same messy results.  Total fail.

*China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat- This product was another fail.  It was way too goopy and no matter how tightly I closed the lid, it would still leak.  Definitely will not be repurchasing.

HAIR

*Finesse Self Adjusting Curl Defining Mousse- This product actually isn't empty, I just had to throw it away.  This product turned my hair into a greasy mess.  I can see why it was on clearance.

*Beyond the Zone Noodle Head- This is another product that isn't empty, but had to go.  It did nothing for my hair and really just felt like the consistency of water.  It was just taking up space in my collection.

*Samy Instant Recurl- Also, not an empty!  This made my hair so limp and actually took any curl or wave OUT of my hair.  It weighed down my hair WAY too much.

MISC

*BBW Black Raspberry Vanilla Soap- Oh this stuff smells SO good!  I never used this scent before and think I won this at a bridal or baby shower, but I loved it.  Will be looking into purchasing more products in this scent.

*Colgate Optic White Toothpaste- This stuff is awesome at whitening my teeth, but unfortunately Colgate is not a cruelty free company so I am going to do my best to find a cruelty free alternative.

*Venus Spa Breeze Razor Cartridge- These razors are awesome, but yet again Venus is not a cruelty free company.  Any recommendations on cruelty free brand razors?

*BBW Snowberry Antibacterial Gel- I go through antibacterial gels so slowly as I'm an avid hand washer.  This was a great scent and I love these little pocket sizes!

*Nature Republic Cotton Squares- Oh these are THE BEST!  My Tammy love sent me two more boxes and they are literally like cotton gold.  Love these!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by