Saturday, December 28, 2013

Makeup Your New Years Resolution Tag

   I was hoping to see a New Year's tag going around and I finally saw one!  I am going to have my New Year's Resolution post up next, but I thought this would be a fun tag to kick off my 2013 wrap ups!




1.  What makeup technique did you improve on most?
       The makeup technique I improved on the most (THANK GOODNESS!) is filling in and shaping my brows.  I watched so many brow tutorials on Youtube and finally was able to figure out what worked for my brows and my face shape.

2.  Most used makeup product this year
     To keep in line with number 1, I loved using this It Cosmetics Universal Brow Power Pencil.  I began using this again some time over the summer and have been using it pretty much every day since.

3.  What brand would you like to try in the upcoming year?
      Since I have been trying to go more natural this year, I really would like to try RMS Beauty.  I've heard a lot about this brand, and even got to sample one of their concealers.



4.  Any products you want to use up this year?
     I would LOVE to be able to use up any lip color.  I have so many damn lip glosses, lip balms, lip stains, that I would love to be able to finish just one!



5.  What is your favorite winter activity and what would outfit and makeup would you wear to do this activity?
      Although I am a winter baby, I do not like the cold….at all.  So my favorite winter activity is staying inside watching movies or reading a book.  I won't even mention the outfit and makeup necessary for these activities because it's embarrassing.

6.  One bad makeup habit to break in the New Year
      I tug at my eye sometimes when lining my eyes and considering I'm so hyper vigilant about anti-aging doesn't make sense.

7.  A Youtuber you enjoyed this year..
      I have discovered SO many amazing Youtubers this year and I enjoy watching them along with the Youtubers I've remained faithful to for years!  If I HAD to choose just one, I would say my new favorite is CloudyApples.  She's stunning, hilarious and uses mainly natural/cruelty free products!



8.  Will you be wearing lipstick or lipgloss when the ball drops at midnight?
      Considering I will only be kissing one of my girlfriends I can wear whatever I want!

9.  Best New Year's Eve memory?
     This is going to sound so sad!  My freshman year of college I came up for Christmas break with a lovely case of mono.  By the time New Year's Eve came around I felt a bit better, but definitely not up to going out.  My best friend Anthony came to spend the night with me and we ate junk food and watched Sex and the City all night and it was the best.

10.  Best thing that happened to you this year
       I would have to say making new friends.  I've gained some amazing and beautiful friendships in 2013 and rekindled some old friendships as well.  I am a very lucky gal!

11.  Describe the year 2013 in 3 words
       ups….downs….empowering

12.  What activity or hobby do you want to take up in 2014?
         I want to become a better cook and try a lot more clean eating recipes.  I also want to get back into scrapbooking or Smashbooking and become a lot better at memory keeping.



13.  If you won the lottery in 2014, what charity would you donate it to?
       Since I was little there's been on charity that has been closer to me than all of the rest and that's Penn State's Thon.  Yes, being a Penn Stater I am totally biased.  But this amazing charity is a 46 hour dance marathon to raise money for the fight against pediatric cancer.  PSU students have raised millions of dollars which have help funded a pediatric cancer wing at Hershey Hospital, has funded research and also provides financial support to families struggling to pay for cancer treatments.  It's amazing.

14.  What food or beverage are you going to try to give up in 2014?
        I am going to try to cut back on my diet coke consumption.  I know how bad diet sodas are for me, it's just a vice I can't give up.  I don't know if I will be able to give it up altogether, but I will definitely try to cut back as much as possible.

15.  What food or beverage are you going to try in 2014?
         2013 was a big year for me in trying new foods.  A food that I thought I hated for years and years was shrimp.  I now LOVE shrimp!  So the next seafood I plan on trying is salmon, because it's supposedly super healthy and one of the easier fish to cook.



16.  If you could have one of your dreams come true in 2014, what would it be and why?
       This is going to sound INCREDIBLY cornball, but I want to fall in 2014.  I'm ready to begin my "grown up" life and falling in love and finding a legit career are 2 big to-do's for my 2014 self.

I would LOVE to read anyone else's tag, as I think this is a bit deeper than the typical beauty blogger tag!  Let's make 2014 the best year yet!

1 comment:

K said...

I love, love this tag! I would love to use up lip products as well.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by