Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Resolutions for 2014

   So the time has come to make resolutions for the new year.  Some people dread this time of year and some people think that January 1st is a magical day where everything starts fresh.  While I don't think I'm any different on January 1st, than I was on December 31st, I do like the idea of a fresh start.  So every year I make a list of resolutions and try to stick to it!

Here are my resolutions for 2014……

1.  Travel somewhere that requires a passport

I am almost 29 years old and I don't even have a passport!  So I guess my first step is to apply for a passport and then my second step is to travel somewhere (I don't care where at this point!) that requires a passport.


2.  Meal plan and meal prep

This year has probably been my healthiest year to date.  I've worked out regularly and at times (not recently!) have engaged in very healthy eating habits.  I want to bump that up a step and start meal planning and cooking a majority of my meals for the week on Sunday.

3.  Get into a hot yoga or yoga routine

I need some more relaxation and ommmm in my life so I really want to get into the habit of attending a yoga class.  I have a yoga dvd which I do every now and then, but considering I am not flexible at all, I really want to attend a class to make sure I'm doing postures correctly.



4.  Read more regularly and not just fluff

I love to read, but I don't really do it enough.  I have plenty of time to do it, but I don't do it enough.  This year I am going to attempt to read 2 books a month and not just fluff.  I want to read some serious stuff as well!

5.  Journal and scrapbook

I use my phone to take pictures every now and then, but I don't use it to capture enough memories and then to actually print out the pictures!!  This year I want to journal and scrapbook my memories so I always have them to reflect on.



6.  Limit my shopping

I'm actually really good when it comes to budgeting my money and laying off shopping.  However, sometimes I buy things that I just don't need because they are on sale or it's a great deal.  I want to start investing in finer quality clothing, makeup and skincare items.  There are also a few items I need to refrain from buying in 2014: black pencil eyeliners, face masks, hair masks, and curling irons.

7.  Volunteer my time, not just my money

Last year I donated to some charities that I feel very strongly about.  This year I would like to donate my time to charities as well.  It's about time I started giving back.



What are some of your resolutions this year?  Do you tend to stick to them?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by