Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fashion Trend Report: Golden Globes 2014

   The 2014 award season kicked off on Sunday night with the Golden Globes.  Personally, I thought the fashion was AH-mazing!  So many newcomers brought it all to the red carpet and left the seasoned starlets in the dust!

  While these dresses are more than I could ever afford to pay on a dress, we can take the trends from these outfits and incorporate them into our own personal style!


Red Dress


  I'll admit, when Lupita Nyong'o walked on to the red carpet I had no idea who she was, but I was in absolute awe of her stunning look.  Not only is she gorgeous, but the red dress and cape she wore stood out as my automatic favorite!  I can't wait to see what she wears to the rest of the awards shows!

  This sort of dress just isn't made to fit my budget, but that doesn't mean we all can't rock a red fitted dress in our wardrobe!



Emerald Green Shoes





  Margot Robbie is another newcomer to the red carpet.  This stunner from The Wolf Of Wall Street showed up in a beautiful, elegant and sexy white gown with emerald trim.  This dress is also a difficult one to translate into a budget friendly look, but a trend we broke gals can take from this look?  Stand out emerald green shoes!




Drop Earrings



While I wasn't a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence's dress, I did love her drop earrings!  This is a style that all of us can incorporate into our style and on a super budget!  I'm usually a studs type of girl, but I may have to give drop earrings a try.




Black Sweetheart





  I must admit, Kate Beckinsale is one of my major girl crushes.  She is just so stunningly gorgeous.  Her dress at the Golden Globes really knocked it out of the park for me.  The amazing metallic detailing was stunning, but what really stood out to me was the sweetheart cut of the dress and how insanely flattering and sexy it was.

  This is a great trend to pull off for nights out as it's effortlessly sexy without showing too much.  Try rocking a sweetheart cut LBD for your next big night out!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by