Friday, January 3, 2014

Top 13 of 2013

    2013 has come and gone!  As I looked through my makeup stash I noticed that there are some products that I reach for literally almost every day.  These are the stand outs from my collection.

   Here are my top 13 products of 2013….

Hair



*Care & Style Wave Hair Milk- I bought this at Mitsuwa in Jersey when I had my blogger's day out.  During the summer I love doing heat free curl styles and this helps bring out any natural curl in my hair without leaving any crunchiness.

*Lush Big Shampoo-  I love this shampoo! I've gone through two of these this year.  I use this on Sundays as a deep cleansing for my scalp and hair.  I don't notice a huge bump in my volume, but my scalp feels so much cleaner and refreshed.

*The Honest Co. Honest Conditioning Mist- I love this detangler and conditioning mist!  I use it every time I wash my hair.  It smells so amazingly delicious and it really helps a comb go through my knotty hair.  Plus, it's natural and cruelty free!

Face



*Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- This brush is AMAZING!  This is the only Real Techniques product I've tried, but I am dying to try more.  It blends liquid or cream foundation into my skin so seamlessly.  For the price, this brush really can't be beat.

*Physicians Formula Conceal Rx- This is a great under eye concealer.  While the staying power isn't the absolute best, it does cover dark circles and with a good under eye setting powder this could definitely work for you.

*Josie Maran Argan Highlighter-  I received this in some Sephora set (I forget which) and didn't begin using it until fall. This product is gorgeous, especially on fair skin.  I also like that this has argan oil in it, so it's like a treatment and highlighter in one.

*Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Chocolate-  I received this in my Sephora Sun Care set and it was love at first sight!  Even though this is the darker shade of this bronzer, I use it with a light hand to make it work.  Did I mention this smells like chocolate??  If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it.

*WnW Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine- I have 2 of the WnW Color Icon blushes and I love both of them.  They are incredibly smooth and pigmented.  This color is more on the berry side and gives my pale skin a great natural flush.

Eyes/Lips



*WnW Single Shadow in Nutty- I've had this shadow forever and it's amazing!  I use this shadow on my lazy makeup days as this one single color gives me an entire eye look.

*28 Shade Neutral Palette-  This is another product that I've had for a long time, but I just began using it regularly within the past 7-8 months.  I love the variety of finishes in this palette and the neutral shades are just perfect.  Search for this on ebay or Amazon as it is a must have!

*Buxom Lipgloss in Dolly-  I received this in my Ipsy bag a few months ago and I really enjoy the tingly sensation that these Buxom glosses give.  I also like the mauve color of this gloss as I feel it makes my teeth feel whiter.

*It Cosmetics Universal Brow Power Pencil-  2013 was the year of my brows.  I finally learned how to shape and fill them properly and this pencil is a great tool in helping me to do that!  The color changes depending on how hard you press down on the pencil so it's almost like having several shades of brow pencil in one.

*Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Black Violet- I have quite a few Mally liners and while I enjoy them all, the subtle black/purple color of this liner makes me love it more than the others.  It's just a bit less harsh than a typical black liner which makes it easier to wear day to day.

Were any of my products on your top 13 of 2013?  If you post a yearly favorites, please leave a link below!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by