Monday, March 10, 2014

Current Empties

The time has come yet again to empty out my little sparkly container of empties and share my trash with you.  I am trying to make my way through my collection of non-cruelty free items and it's taking longer than I had hoped, but I'm still doing it!  Cruelty free one product at a time!


Skin Care and Body Care
*Lush Sweet Lips Sugar Scrub- I still have some of this left in the container but it's starting to smell a bit funky.  I did go like 2 years over the sell-by date.  I LOVE this stuff.  I know this is an easy DIY, but I love having it handy right next to the sink.  I will be repurchasing.
*Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer- I believe I got this in a QVC Beauty Tube a while back.  It was an ok moisturizer, not amazing enough to justify the price.
*Clinique Moisture Surge- This worked well enough to keep my winter skin from getting too dry.  However, Clinique is not cruelty free so I won't be repurchasing.
*True Blue Mini Paraffin Hand Lotion- One of my students gave me this for Christmas and I really loved it.  It's the perfect size to keep in my purse and more moisturizing than a typical BBW hand cream.  I will be repurchasing.
*Walgreens Brand Benzoyl Peroxide- To tell you the truth I didn't notice a significant time difference in my pimple healing process when using this.  I won't be repurchasing.
*BBW Exotic Coconut Body Lotion- This stuff smelled amazing and I just had to use a summer scented lotion this winter.  I would repurchase this, but I want to try some more natural body lotions.
*Japanese Eye Mask- I got this in my awesome swap with Kay and they are awesome!  I've used a few more of these as a weekly pampering treatment and eye masks are my new favorite treatments.


 Misc.
*Nature Republic Cotton Pads- My Tammy love sent me these and they are the BEST cotton pads.  I know it's weird to have a Holy Grail cotton pad, but these are mine!  I need to get myself to Jersey to purchase more of these.
*Hot Legs Wax Strips- I've been testing out a variety of cruelty-free wax strips and I have to say these are pretty good.  The true test will be using these during the summer when my legs are actually exposed and not wrapped up in layers.
*Venus Embrace Disposables- Last summer I went on a couponing craze for razors and I'm still making my way through that haul.  These are pretty good, but unfortunately Venus is not cruelty free.
*Orly Won't Chip- This product isn't empty it's just too damn goopy to use.  I didn't notice a difference in my polish's staying power while using this, so I won't be repurchasing.
*Wet and Wild Wild Shine Top Coat- This top coat provides tons of shine on your nails, but doesn't offer any staying power.  I could take this or leave this.


 Makeup
*Sigma SS187- Obviously this isn't an empty, but it's a brush that is just far beyond repair.  While I've had these Sigma brushes for quite a few years, I found they haven't lasted as long as my Sonia Kashuk brushes.  
*Sigma SS150- This brush has always shed, a lot, but it just sheds way too much now to even use it.  
*Prestige My Blackest Lashes- Tammy introduced me to the Prestige brand and I love it!  This mascara is amazing and I will definitely be repurchasing.
*Hard Candy Glamoflauge- There's still tons of product in this container, but I think it's beyond it's expiration date.  It's separated so much that I'm not comfortable using it anymore.  This stuff really did cover everything, but the color wasn't right.  I wish this product came in more shades.
*NYX Goddess of the Night Lipgloss- I love NYX lip glosses and this product was no exception.  I've had this for years and it was a great sparkly pink lip gloss to pair with a smokey eye.
*Smashbox Photofinish Primer- I've had this sample size for a while and I really enjoy it.  However, I found my HG primer with Tarte's Poreless primer so I won't be repurchasing this.
*Benefit They're Real Mascara- This was a good mascara, but I really didn't see all of the hype over it.  I liked my Prestige mascaras better and they are a fraction of the cost.
*Benefit Boi-ing Concealer/Eye Bright- I bought this years ago and I really enjoyed both products.  I want to try different under eye concealers though so I won't be repurchasing this.

Have you tried any of these products?  What's in your trash this month?


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by