Thursday, March 6, 2014

February 2014 Favorites

   I know February is the shortest month of the year, but for me it completely felt like the longest month.  Perhaps it was the FEET of snow that I was surrounded by, but it seemed long.  It may have felt long, but February was a great month for me.  I began a great workout routine, had some great nights out with my friends, and had a great road trip to AC with one of my besties.  It was also a month that I tried a lot of new products, and also fell in love with quite a few!

Beauty Favorites



Yes To Cucumber Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes- I bought these a while ago when I purchased a groupon to the Yes to website.  I had been using the Jane Iredale makeup mitt for a while, but now that I have been working out right after school I need to remove my makeup easily.  These towelettes are super gentle and don't leave my skin feeling tight.  However, the smell is a bit off putting- at first it smells like cucumbers, but then it smells just bad.  It doesn't smell bad enough though to stop using these.

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer- This primer has been great to hide my giant pores.  Instead of rubbing it into my face, I sort of press it onto my cheeks and forehead, where my pores are the largest.  It not only helps disguise my pores, but it definitely helps my makeup stay put throughout my workday.  This may be my HG primer.

PF Youthful Wear Youth Boosting Concealer- This product seems to be getting a lot of flack online, but I have to say I really like it.  It's one of those rollerball concealers and supposedly has an anti-aging serum in it as well.  I have pretty bad under eye circles, and while this doesn't provide full coverage, it does provide enough of a coverage and brightening effect for every day wear.  It is a bit liquidy, but I find it dries quickly and nicely.

Physicians Formula CC+ Cream- My Tammy love sent me this and I have to say this is my favorite BB,CC, tinted moisturizer type of product.  It's a bit dark for my skin at the moment, but come summer I will be wearing this every day.  It provides surprisingly great coverage and feels very nice on my skin.   It is a bit on the dewy side, so I set it with my mineral foundation, but this stuff is great!

Favorite Snack

I have gone on a tear lately buying "healthy" junk food.  I want to start doing a snack of the month.  I was surprised to find a great selection of "healthy" junk food snacks at places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx.  This month's find is called Chia Pop.  It's a low cal version to white cheddar popcorn and I'm so sad I can't find it in stores locally.  I'm seriously considering purchasing this 12 pack from Amazon- that's how delicious it was!




Favorite "Watch" of the Month

I can't pull myself away from the ridiculousness that is Pretty Little Liars.  The show just keeps getting more and more farfetched, but I can't tear myself away from it!  I want to start reading the books, but I kind of don't want it to ruin the show for me.



What products or snacks have you been reaching for? What should my next TV guilty pleasure be?



1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

I've been loving Parenthood!! I started watching it because the mom from Gilmore Girls is in it, but I'm hooked now. Tom says the family reminds him of his..lol Each season has a TON of episodes. I believe season 2 had 22 episodes! I've had Pretty Little Liars on "My List" on Netflix for ages now. I need to watch it before the weather gets nice and I'm never home..lol

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by