Monday, March 3, 2014

My 2014 Oscar's Best Dressed List

    Usually I am SUPER excited for awards shows and as boring as they get, love to watch all 12 hours of it.  Last night was an exception as I passed out immediately after Jared Leto's beautiful acceptance speech.
      While I missed out on most of the show, I did not miss out on the red carpet!  I have to say, there were no major disappointments to me on the carpet, although some did stand out a lot more than others!

Here are my favorite dresses in no particular order!



Giuliana Rancic

Ok, how STUNNING does she look?  This is why I love the Oscars, because the dresses aren't just dresses, they are gowns.  The soft pleating in the skirt puts a little "meat on" G's bones and the detail on the top reminds me of a figure skater.  I am just in love with this look.


Lupita Nyong'o
This award season has belong to Lupita, and last night was no exception.  She does color SO right.  This Cinderella dress was fit for a princess and with an Oscar win, she proves she's Hollywood's newest princess.


Kate Hudson
This dress fit Kate like a glove and the white looked amazing with her California tan and blonde hair.  The back fit and drape of this dress takes it from beautiful to perfection.  I'm hoping to see she's someones best dressed on Fashion Police tonight!


Sandra Bullock

No one really talked about Sandra's dress, but I think it's beautiful.  The navy color stuck out amongst the sea of white and pastels and I think the draping and ruching gives her already amazing figure an even better look.  This is a dress I would wear in a heart beat.


Naomi Watts

I don't know what it is that draws me to this dress so much, but I think it's beautiful.  As someone who is always self conscious about her arms, I love the look of a formal dress with sleeves and this dress is super flattering.  I also love her red lip with this look.

Who was your Oscar's best dressed?  Do you agree or disagree with any of my picks?  


1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

I love Lupita and Sandra's dress. Naomi's dress I find to be a little boring. I really liked Angelina Jolie's dress and Jennifer Lawrence. I usually love Kerry Washington, but her dress looked like a curtain with a large bobbi pin holding it together.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by