Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Holy Grail Products

   For years now, since I've started watching Youtube videos and reading beauty blogs, I've seen tons of people referring to products as their "Holy Grail" products.  Holy Grail products are basically items that you can't live without.  After really being into makeup and beauty products for the last 5-6 years, I can finally say that I have finally a compiled a small collection of beauty products that I can't live without.  If I run out of them, I will repurchase them again.



Holy Grail Hair Products
 Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo- I got this in a Voxbox, and I was using the super popular Batiste Dry Shampoo at the time, and threw this in my car.  I began using it a few months ago and O.M.G.- I love it!  It does absorb oily quite nicely, but what I love most about it, is the mattifying effect it has on my hair.  It gave my hair such amazing texture, that I get compliments on it all of the time (even if my hair hasn't been washed in days!).
Lush Big Shampoo- I think this is my third or fourth bottle of this.  This is the best clarifying and de-gunking shampoo ever!  I use this once a week, as it is quite drying, but this literally gets everything out of my hair.  It also stimulates my scalp so it helps in keeping dandruff away.
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil- I use this product for a multitude of reasons, but my favorite beauty use is as a hair mask.  This is part of my Sunday beauty ritual.  I take a decent sized scoop of this and apply it from my ears down.  Wrap my hair in a bun and keep it in all day.  It leaves my hair soft and shiny.



Holy Grail Face Items
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer- I got this little baby in my Sephora Sun Safety Kit last year and I can't believe I've never tried it before.  This bronzer is beyond perfection.  I use it super sparingly when I'm pale, and can use a bit more when I'm self tanning.  It's the perfect brown-bronze shade and oh- and it smells like CHOCOLATE!
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer- I have tried and experimented with a lot of face primers, and I have finally found one that helps camouflage pores AND keeps my makeup on longer.  I find that this works best when patted in to the skin, as opposed to rubbing it in.
NYC Sunny Bronzer- Is there a beauty guru who doesn't sing the praises of this super cheap bronzer?  This bronzer is a bit more on the orange side than the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, but when applied it doesn't appear orange, just a bit more glowy.  This stuff is super cheap and super beautiful.
Physicials Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural- This blush is the perfect pink blush for my pale self.  The colors just blend together beautifully and give my cheeks a just worked out flush.


 Holy Grail Eye Products
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese or Milk- If you haven't used an NYX Jumbo Pencil as an eyeshadow base before, you are missing out!  I use a white base almost every time I do a basic eyeshadow look to make the colors pop even more.  If you are having trouble with a shadow showing up, try using this white base underneath it.
Wet and Wild Single Shadow in Nutty- I am not sure if this shadow is still available, but I sure hope it is as it's amazing!  This is the perfect shadow to do a one shadow look, as it's so multidimensional.  Apply it lightly on the lid and a bit deeper in the crease and it's the perfect neutral look.  Oh, and it's SUPER cheap!

Check out my Luvocracy page to buy all of these amazing (and all $30 and under!) variety of products.  

Are any of these products on your Holy Grail lists? 

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by