Saturday, March 22, 2014

Natural-ish Haul

   A month or so ago a huge Mrs. Greens market opened down the street from me.  Mrs. Greens is very similar to a Whole Foods.  When I first went in I didn't expect a big health and beauty section, but I was pleasantly surprised.  They had a nice variety of skincare products, hair care, makeup and health and wellness items.  Their prices are quite high, but last weekend the whole store was 10% off and I decided to pick up a few products that I would need soon.

  As I've written a few times I've been trying to incorporate more natural products into my beauty routine.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not abandoning my Wet and Wild or drugstore loves, but I figure if I could have a large majority of my personal care items being natural, I'm well off!




I have been on the hunt for a yummy and natural protein powder to add into my smoothies.  I can't drink protein powder with just water and milk, I seriously don't know how people do it!  These little sample packs are a great way to try out the taste of the powders without buying the huge container.  I got the echolocate powder, the tropical fruit and a flavorless nutritional shake.


I also stocked up on some skin care and hair care items that I would be running out of shortly.

The four mini bottles are from Giovanni and came from the Giovanni Flight Attendant Kit in Tea Tree Oil.  The kit came with a shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion.  I'm glad I get to try out mini size of these products to see if I like them enough to purchase full size products.

Next is my Alba Botanica Hawaiian Moisture Cream with Jasmine and Vitamin E.  I'm running out of my day cream so I picked up this little guy to give it a try.  I've never tried any Alba Botanica products, but I've always heard good things about this brand and it's one of the most affordable natural brands so I'm hoping I like this.

I'm running low on my Michael Todd scrub so I picked up this Alba Botanica Even Advanced Sea Algae Enzyme Scrub.  I love the packaging on this scrub and I've read very good things about the Even Advanced line.

I picked up the night cream from the Even Advanced line which states to reduce the appearance of dark spots and discolorations in 2 weeks.  That's a pretty big claim, but I'm excited to see if it works!

Have you tried any natural products or brands lately?  I'm looking to test out a few natural brands to find some products that really work for me!

1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

Let me know how those protein shakes are. I don't know how people drink them alone either..gross!! I need to add fruit or I'm not going to drink it.

I've been using Thayers Witch Hazel in Lavender (alcohol free) in the mornings that Kaley wakes up when I do and I don't have time to actually wash my face. It removes that layer of gross from the night before without drying out my face.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by