Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Concealer

    A month or so ago I bought the Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth Boosting Spotless Concealer (what a mouthful!) from CVS.  While the few reviews I've read weren't too fond of it, I actually enjoy the product.

   I've been using this as a sort of base for my under eye concealers.  I have very pink/purple circles under my eyes so the light coverage this concealer gives is not enough, but when I add a tiny dab of my Physicians Formula Circle RX Concealer it creates the perfect combo!

For the purpose of this review, I used only the Youthful Wear Concealer so you could see the coverage and lasting power of this specific product.






No Product= Lovely circles



Right After Application


 After 8 hours of wear


I really like this concealer, and I think even on its own it does a pretty decent job of covering dark circles.  For people with lighter circles, this may be all you need.  

The concealer is a very wet concealer, and does take a bit to set so be careful.  It is also a bit on the yellow-y side, so keep that in mind!

Now I have never tried this concealer anywhere else on my face other than under my eyes, so I can't speak to how it performs on blemishes or discoloration.  Normally for those skin concerns I like a thicker concealer.

All in all, this brand is ALWAYS on sale and I think it's a great under eye concealer for the price!

Pros: 
♥ Light to medium coverage
♥ Very affordable
♥ Widely accessible
♥ Blends easily

Cons:
● May not be enough coverage for dark circles
● Doesn't set quickly
● May be too yellow for some skin tones

Would I repurchase?:
Definitely!




No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by