Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Current Empties

     Man, I feel so good finishing up a product- especially a product from my collection of non-cruelty free products.  I can't wait until I hit pan on a blush or bronzer, that's like unheard of for me!



Makeup

*The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter- I did actually really like this stuff, but I'm just not a big fan of lip products in pots.  The idea of applying this with my finger just doesn't seem as sanitary as applying a lip balm from a tube.

*Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer- I have to say, I really liked this stuff.  It's a bit pricey, so I don't know if I would repurchase, but if I can't find another cruelty free liquid highlighter I like- this is the one!

*Physicians Formula Conceal RX Concealer- This stuff is heavy duty, good stuff.  It's comparable to Hard Candy's Glamoflauge.  It's great applied lightly as underye concealer and applied to blemishes.  This will definitely be a repurchase for me.


 Skincare
*Japanese Underye Patches- Oh these things are the BombDotCom!  I've written about these before here.

*Jane Iredale Magic Mitt- This is an alternative to makeup removing wipes.  It's obviously not empty, but it doesn't get clean anymore so I think it's time for a new one.  This will be a repurchase for me, because believe it or not, this mitt does work!

*Yes to Cucumbers Cleansing Towlettes- These are great!  I love the scent of these and they remove almost everything.  They have a bit of trouble thoroughly removing eye makeup, but most of these towelettes do as well.  These will definitely be a repurchase for me.

*Absolute Pomegranate Extract Makeup Towlettes- I think I got these in an Ipsy bag.  They work decently at taking off makeup, but the smell is just HORRIBLE!  They smell like cherry cough syrup gone bad.

*Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Scrub- I also received this in an Ipsy bag and I was really a big fan.  This travel sized item lasted me a few months while while using it a few times a week.  I have already purchased a different scrub by Alba Botanica, but if it doesn't work for me I will most likely go back to this one.

*Origins A Perfect World Daily Moisturizer- I was trying to make my way through some of my sample/travel size items.  I used this is a morning moisturizer and it worked pretty decently, but nothing amazing to justify the price.

 Random

*Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash- This was from my collection of non-cruelty free products and while it did leave my skin nicely moisturized, there wasn't anything wowzers about it.

*Aussie Sprunch Wave Spray- This bottle is actually almost full, but it's still going in the trash.  The spray itself is horrible and creates just random sections of sticky and crunchy mess.

*Living Proof Full Shampoo- From just the shampoo alone, I didn't notice any additional volume in my hair.  When used in conjunction with the some of the Living Proof volumizing products I noticed a difference, but I really don't think the shampoo had anything to do with it.

*Yankee Candle Magical Frosted Forest Candle- LOVE this candle.  It smells like Christmas- no other way to put it.

What products have you used up recently??

1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

RMS Luminizer is really good and cruelty free, but expensive. Spirit Lounge gives 3 samples with any purchase, that's how I tried.

I'm actually finishing up a ton of lip products lately. Hitting pan on blush/bronzer..? What is that..? lol I think the only cheek product I've finished is NYC Sunny bronzer.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by