Monday, April 21, 2014

Sunday Funday=Sunday Spa Day

   It's finally starting to get warm again in New York, which means Sunday Funday will soon be in effect.  However, the past few months were so brutal that most Sundays were spent hibernating inside and watching Law & Order:SVU marathons.  I thought I might as well make my Sunday's productive, so Sunday became my spa/pampering day.  I thought I would give you a glimpse into my pampering routine and my favorite spa products.

Hair


About an hour before I go into the shower, I begin my spa day process.  After thoroughly brushing out my hair, I take a tablespoon of coconut oil and coat my hair from about the ears down.  Then I take a tablespoon amount of Lush's Roots Hair Treatment and massage it into my scalp for about 2-3 minutes. I love how tingly this stuff feels.  Then it's time to throw up this mop into a messy bun.




When it's time to shower, I use Big Shampoo to wash everything out.  I feel like after using these heavy masks, I want to use a good shampoo to get everything out.

Body

When I hop into the shower, I use a body scrub,  I have really been loving this sugar scrub in the vanilla scent from Bath and Body Works.  I pay particular attention to my knees, elbows and heels since they tend to be drier than the rest of my body.

Post shower, I moisturize all over with a body butter.  About once a month I use these hand and foot masks that I get from my local Asian supermarket.  If you do only one pampering treatment, I totally recommend one of these masks.  My feet feel so rejuvenated afterwards and my hands look amazingly bright.

Skin
After I wash my face and exfoliate in the shower I use my Body Shop Honey & Oat Exfoliating Mask. This is a great thick scrub like mask.  After the scrub mask, I follow up with this Body Shop Vitamin E Sink In Mask to replenish the moisture in my super dry skin.  
During allergy season my eyes always look super blah, so I have been loving these under eye masks that can also be purchased at your local Asian supermarket.  If you have never tried an eye mask, I totally recommend it as you really do feel pampered afterwards.

Misc.

Sunday is time to catch up on all of your reading and trashy tv show watching.  Also, try to drink a lot of water during your pampering sesh.  You're getting rid of a lot of gunk in your body, why replace it with soda or fruit juices?

Optional, Mickey t-shirt!

What are your spa day essentials?  I'm always looking for new products to pamper myself with!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by