Monday, April 28, 2014

Urthbox #2

    Today I received my second Urthbox and even though I'm unfamiliar with half of the items, I am super psyched and pleased with this month's box.  If you aren't sure what an Urthbox is, click here.

Here is what I got in this month's Urthbox.  If you have tried any of these items are have suggestions on how to use them, please comment below!


Sweet Snacks
*NewTree Orange Pearls- Chocolate Covered Orange Slices- YUM!
*Caveman Cookies- This is a paleo cookie, I'm still a tad unsure on what paleo is, but for 60 calories I'll try the cookie.
*Natural Delights Medjool Dates- I have never actually had a date, but a lot of healthy dessert recipes I've looked up have dates as a sweetener ingredient in them, so I'm excited to utilize these.
*Hail Merry Choco Macaroons- I love macaroon cookies and I am definitely excited to try these!
*Unreal Peanut Chocolate Nouget Bars- As much as I love peanut butter, I am actually not a fan of peanuts.  So I'll be giving these away.
*SunRype Fruit Strip- I've tasted a few fruit strips from Trader Joes and loved them.  Can't wait to try these Strawberry Watermelon ones.


 Salty and Savory
*LaTortille Factory Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas- These I was actually super psyched to get.  These tortillas are touted as one of the healthiest and low cal wraps.  I think I'm going to use these to make some freezer breakfast wraps.
*Elianni Vegan Pate- Ok, I am not quite sure what pate is, especially vegan pate.  I can't say whether I am actually going to try this or not, as I'm a bit freaked by it.
*Curry Crunch Sweet and Sour Trail Mix- I have learned to love a lot of different trail mixes, so I'm excited to try this sweet and sour version.



  Drinks and Misc.
*Deeply Rooted Roots Blueberry Flavor- This is actually pretty cool.  It's a drink mix that consists of pretty much every nutrient, fruit and vegetable you can imagine.  I'm not a blueberry fan, but I definitely want to try this.
*Bach Rescue Pearls Natural Stress Relief Capsules- These I am super intrigued by!  There are times where I just can't handle my stress, and it'll be nice to try out a natural treatment.
*Organic Turmeric Drink with Cinnamon- This one was an oddball for me.  Can't say that I have ever heard of a turmeric drink.  Turmeric is touted for it's disease fighting properties.  I don't know what the hell to expect from this, but I will definitely try it.

This box doesn't contain a list of product information and prices, so I'm not quite sure about the retail value of this box, but I can pretty much guarantee it's more than the cost of the box itself!  

Have you ever tried Urthbox? 

1 comment:

Samantha Ewell said...

This company has the worst customer service ever.

I just moved and I changed my address on the website the only place you can change it. I get the tracking info for my August boxes, I’m subscribed to three boxes, and I check to see where my boxes are. Tracking info says they’ve been delivered, they shipped them to the old address though.

Obviously I’m pretty disappointed so I email them letting them know what happened. They respond saying that I should have emailed them to change my shipping address and that if I want my August boxes I will have to pay $6 more per box for them to be shipped to the correct address, the address that I had already changed on their website which says NOTHING anywhere as far as having to email them to change your shipping location.

I let them know that I thought it was pretty messed up how they were handling this situation considering it was their error and their website issues that caused it to happen. To which they let me know that they would be adding a note to their website to email them if you need to change your shipping address. Yet are still requiring that I pay them another $18 on top of the already $70+ that I paid for my August boxes.

Now they’ve stopped responding to me and are censoring me from their Facebook page.

This is a terrible company with terrible standards, they will not last long.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by