Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Beauty Faves

 April was seriously the oddest weather month.  The second week of April brought temps in the high 70s and tank tops and capris.  Then the last day of April brought 4 inches of rain and temps in the 40's.

   While April was all over the map weather wise, it was a pretty good month for me.  I got to see my best friend from college at her baby shower, went to Philly for the first time, got my ass back into gear with working out and just had a decent and happy month.

   Enough with all of the rainbows and butterflies, here are my April beauty favorites.

*Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color Pencil- I received this in one of my Ipsy bags a few months back.  I didn't need a brow liner at the time, but recently my It Cosmetics brow liner finished up, so I reached for this.  At first I thought it was on the dark side, but with a light hand I actually really like it.  The point is very fine and it looks super natural.

*WnW Trio in Knock on Wood- I bought this during the CVS Semi-Annual Beauty Sale and even though it's quite fall and wintery, I didn't reach for it until this month.  This trio is beautiful and looks amazing on light eyes.  I find it to look really sultry for an evening out and is a nice alternative to a grey or black smoky eye.

*WnW Coverall Cream Foundation in Fair Light- I have been self tanning on and off this month and have needed to do some chemistry work mixing foundations to find the best color.  This foundation is a tad dark and tad too heavy on it's own.  However, mixed with a lighter foundation it's amazing!  It blends beautifully and really blurs imperfections.

*Josie Maran Cheek Gelee in Poppin Poppy- I have tried several cream blushes, but never a gelee.  Well, this stuff is AH-MAZING!  It blends beautifully, a little goes a looong way, and it feels so amazing on the skin.  This will be my go to blush for the summer!  I plan on reviewing this and my new Josie Maran foundation soon!

*Silk Naturals HD Peach Concealer- I bought this sample as part of my Silk Naturals haul and it is love! This is supposed to be a dupe to Eve Pearl's Salmon concealer, but I've never tried that so I can't speak to that.  However, it does help cancel out a lot of my dark circles and with a light concealer on top it looks amazing.

***

What beauty products were you reaching for in April?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by